Subject Author Posted Replies

New TS
Well, maybe not new, but... When I bought my Delta contractors saw a few years back I fought with buying the 30" or 50" rail, finally bought the 30" and have regretted it ever since. I bought a 50"...
1
1

Hand planing around knots
I'm having a little trouble hand planing around knots. I'm getting small pits and I wonder if there's a technique that will help. My irons are pretty darned sharp. Thanks, S.
13
13

My first woodworking bench - suggested features?
So I've finally got every tool I need (for now) with the acquisition of my table saw. My first project is going to be a mobile workbench. Already have the bench, but currently it has a melamine top...
14
14

damage to folding table
we have this type of folding table, please see picture on tinypic website folding edges are very thin and with a very small clearance. would this be able to cope with being stored in a tin garden shed...
7
7

One Project at a time...
I was watching Wood Works today, and noted the lack of evidence of any other incomplete projects in David Mark's shop. Norm's shop seems to be the same way (but I don't claim to be an expert on that.)...
6
6

Glueing corners
I was reading up on this, seeing how I have to finish the skirts on my table, and someone was suggesting This: "Forget the clamps, here is the deal. Rip the edges at 45°, pass it on the jointer, lay...
2
2

OT or not OT, you choose. I don't care.
Could someone point me to what must be a large crowd of wreckers? What crowd? The ones who have been persuaded to change their political thinking by some informative post here. I know I haven't been,...
1
1

PING: Houston Wreckers
Anybody got any power to give us a real situation report?
19
19

Rockler coupon 20% off any one item
afilliated, etc.

Somewhat off topic with a little relevance to woodworking
(Slow night, too tired to work in the shop, so I'm mulling this over in public) What's in a name? Do you folks recall the lawsuit brought on by Sony Corporation against a woman named Sony who wanted...
31
31

Western Rustic Woodworker - pretty famous...can't remember name...
There's a dead woodworker that lived out in Wyoming or New Mexico or somewhere that made sort of rustic furniture, but not so much twiggy as cowboyish. Argh.. In any event if you know who I'm talking...
4
4

OT The Storm
The excitement could not be at a higher level, if you need proof of this turn on the TV to any local Houston station and you will get 24 hour around the clock coverage. We saw this during Rita 3 years...
50
50

Multimaster Clones in numbers
Fein apparently invented it, Proxion made their version, a few weeks ago Dremel announced theirs, now Bosch has joined the band wagon....
21
21

PC 7518 Router Speed Hunting
Somewhere in excess of 99.9% of the time my PC 7518 router speed control stays on #5. However, I'm getting into something that needs to run at a much slower speed. But, I find, at the low speed...
1
1

Godspeed Houston wreckers!
Take care of yourselves, you hear!