Subject Author Posted Replies

Movado Stalo Watches: Quality Movado Discount Watches
Movado Stalo Watches: Quality Movado Discount Watches Quality Movado Stalo Watches you for choosing Movado Watches guarantee our Movado Stalo Watches and Movado Stalo Luxury Watches aren't just a...

IWC Classic Pilot Watches: Quality IWC Discount Watches
IWC Classic Pilot Watches: Quality IWC Discount Watches Quality IWC Classic Pilot Watches you for choosing IWC Watches guarantee our IWC Classic Pilot Watches and IWC Classic Pilot Luxury Watches...

Removing material on hand cut dovetails
When you remove material after making your cuts, do you use a coping saw, a (sharp) chisel, or some combination of both? Thanks, S.
6
6

O/T: Ike Pics
This comes from a guy near New Orleans. Nasty oics. Lew to this web site. This is total devastation and I do not use the word lightly. Looks like Mississippi and Parts of Louisiana after Katrina and...

O/T: A Question
"The economy is fundamentally sound". Who said that as recently as today? Bush? McCain? Both of the above? Can you tell the difference? Lew
25
25

First Impressions: Grizzly G1531 Edge Sander
Now that I've had a chance to put it to use, my impressions of this sander: Packing: I was a bit surprised that it wasn't on a pallet, but it is "only" 220 lbs. The two cast iron tables are on the...
1
1

OT - Something actually worse ...
... than TV talking heads during a storm: Never ending "TV news(?) briefings" in the aftermath of same, held, not for information, but for government officials to pat themselves on the back for doing...
7
7

What tolerances needed for woodworking?
Why don't they give tolerances on wooodworking projects and plans like they do for metalworking? Are there some tolerances that are so "standard" that everyone but me automatically knows them? Pete...
36
36

Sandblasting wood.
Have any of you wreckers ever done this and if so, what kind of resist did you use?
5
5

Cordless drill/tool that doesn't lockup when trigger released?
I need to propel a 6 inch wheel at about 5 mph. So I need a cordless drill or any light cordless tool that is geared to about 400 rpm. Unfortunately, the thing cannot include a device that causes...
25
25

Planers
I am currently in the market for a new planer in the 15" range. I have seen (online, not in person) the new one from Delta, X5 series, Model # 22-790X. I am hoping that someone that freqents the ng...

Re: OT - Imagine If
Not exactly a G/S article, but the following is a letter to the editor I wrote to a small town newspaper back in Ohio after my mother died. It was an attempt to provide info about local nursing homes...
4
4

Glue bottle - woes
Ok, I have one those glue bottles, with a filler and a pour spout. I had some old Titebond in the bottle and I filled it with water and emptied most of it out, but unfortunately, there is a part of...
6
6

Tung oil preserver
I have not been able to find any regular finish preserver--everyone seems to be out until November. I have been using a dash of propane in the can and that seems to work ok. Recently, I found a...
3
3

curving a baseboard
Any hints on how to curve a wooden baseboard easily? It's an eight-foot piece that I want to end up curved through about 60 degrees of arc. I started by trapping it between two walls, in about the...
4
4