Subject Author Posted Replies

Old tablesaw
Some of you may recall that I acquired an old Delta tablesaw at an estate sale last year. I'm hoping someone in the group can help me increase my knowledge about its history. It's a model 1160. The...
5
5

Three Piece Inlay - Took Way Too Long
I did a smallish inlay today that was 1 1/4" square in its gross dimensions. I first cut and excavated a 1 1/4" square into the cherry chest that I was working on. Then I cut, fit and glued in a...
22
22

Varnishing tip
I am working on a kitchen job and am currently varnishing the doors. Always a PIA but not this time. My TS has an 18 roller out feed extension table that makes a great location to paint/varnish the...
26
26

Jointing happiness
I've been struggling lately trying to get those "light-tight" joints that are essential to good glue-ups. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, whether it is setup, or technique, but I'm getting 7 to 9...
30
30

Info Required on Jet 34L Shaper
I am hoping that someone else has had experience with the electric motor for this unit. After finally getting all the parts that I needed for a used unit I picked up, upon start up for a first test...
2
2

Formby's wash
Hello, I need to strip several layers of paint off an old window. I found a container of Formby's Paint & Poly remover in the basement and would like to use this. It recommends using a Formby's brand...

Zinnser Bullseye Sanding Sealer Dewaxed Shellac?
I have to finish a cherry piece tomorrow and my flakes from Jewitt are hosed. I've read/heard that Zinnser sells a product that they do not advertise as being dewaxed but that it is, in fact. Any...
6
6

Mobile table saw base
Here's a great design to make your table saw mobile. = http://woodgears.ca/mobile_base/table_saw.htmlVideo

OT:test
test
3
3

HF lathe, comments, experience
I have an ancient cast iron lathe, 24" x 6" capacity and a fixed spur center. With the proper pulley on the motor, I can get about any speed I want. I also have a mid-70's Saber-Lathe. As a lathe it...
4
4

Searching for curly or figured cherry
After checking out the local Woodcraft for either curly or highly figured cherry and coming up empty (well, they had some marked as figured for $18/BF that was so badly cracked and checked it wasn't...
19
19

O/T: Playing Pavlof
Getting a trained response, just like Pavlov did from a dog, can be fun, but after while, it gets to be a little boring. You know, same dogs, same responses, so predictable. Lew
1
1

Rockwell - I'm so confused
Opened up a Craftsman catalogue today and in the middle of the thing is a couple of pages of Rockwell tools. Those that would compete with Porter Cable and at least one with Delta. Now I know Rockwell...
13
13

Recommendations for newsgroups access or woodworking sites
I also lost usenet access from Time Warner Roadrunner several months ago. Have been happy with Forte. Agent Premium Newsgroups. Just $2.95 for 12gig/month. More than sufficient for me.
12
12

Newbie Question - wood putty
This is going to sound really dumb but my question is this. I have been countersinking screws into soft wood - when I go to cover the screw head up with wood putty I can't seem to get it to go on...
8
8