Subject Author Posted Replies

Sears 14 inch bandsaw on closeout, 428 bucks.
Was in Sears today and happened to notice that they have their 14 inch band saw on closeout for 428 bucks, marked "discontinued". The store I was in had two floor models and one boxed. For that price...
20
20

dado sets: comments on delta 35-7680?
My Systimatic Fine dado set has been sharpened for the last time. But it's a set I've never been pleased with for any kind of crosscuts in plywood (especially oak). From what I can gather from the...
4
4

OT: Internal Combustion Breakthrough?
Explanatory videos are about halfway down the page.
124
124

Sacramento area wood supplier
Hi all, Does anyone know of a good place to purchase hardwoods in the Sacramento area? I will be needing some Red Oak and before going to the Borg stores I thought I would check here. Thanks. Ed
4
4

Books and a new idea
First, I'm bouncing around an idea about a regional woodworkers' book, something of a combined style book, and area travelogue. It's unformed, or at least largely unformed, at the moment. I know...
19
19

New Planer
I am getting ready to buy a new planer, first one Have been looking at all the reviews I can find along with Google searches and would like any comments from the group about the Delta 22-580 and the...
27
27

tool races
something to beat back cabin fever BBC NEWS | UK | DIY fans drag-race power tools

Decorative Inlay Veneer
I have to replace the banding on the lower left and upper right of this secretary. finally found the inlay, but they have not responded to my attempts to contact them. it looks as though I will have...
3
3

OT: Another clean joke that is actually funny
One winter morning, a husband and wife in northern Michigan were listening to the radio during breakfast. They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must...
2
2

Sliding Doors
I'm working on putting sliding doors on a work bench. I'll probably use masonite (hardboard) for the doors, and just make a couple grooves in a top and bottom rail for the doors to slide in. The doors...
10
10

Steel City Air Scrubber
I finally decided to take the plunge and get a unit to clean the air in the shop, in addition to my Dust Collector. Since Steel City has a nice unit on sale, I decided to go for it. When the unit...
8
8

OT: Cool Website for Aviation Fans
Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports.
6
6

HCA is at it again
HCA (hooey club of America) is at it again, this time it's even worse. They sent me a dvd and a bill for $13.00 and a return envelope. you're supposed to return the dvd or pay. Hmm - sent back all the...
5
5

Link to a site that has a schedule of woodworking shows
http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/Home/tabid/132/Default.aspx

TRADE pen blanks?
Anyone want to trade wood? I'll trade pen blanks for wood that I don't have. Let me know if you'd like to trade and I'll send you a list of the pen blanks that I have Al