Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: More Discusting
The cop in Dallas. Wonder what would have happened if the football player had been white? Lew
80
80

OT: Disgusting
You know, this type of thing would never happen to Billy Mays. As long as his mouth was open at all and he could use his " HI FOLKS, I'M BILLY MAYS! " at 5,000 decibels, this would have quite...
16
16

Resources on working brass
I am interested in seeing what simple methods are out there for working brass. I found a great source of brass stock online and have considered the following tools I currently have at my disposal:...

To Whoever Recommended SuperLube....
Thanks! I picked up their "Dri-Film" version (yellow cap) and this stuff rocks my world.

Used Delta 15" Planer
Hi All, I haven't seen this planer, but I've emailed the seller for more pics. Comments welcome, as to anything I should inspect closely, if I go check it out. Think this price is reasonable?
3
3

Anyone know of any good spots for woodworker to visit in London, Paris, Innsbrook, Munich?
Any worldly travelers out there? Every few years I make a treck to Europe with SWMBO.. I enjoy the museums and normal tourist sights like everyone else.. but sometimes I just feel like a bag slepper....
10
10

Dust collection piping sticker shock
OK, so I figured when I formalize my dust collection for the home shop I'll just go to Grizzly and order all the metal pipe, fittings and blast gates I need. Going all metal I'll avoid the static...
43
43

Bandsaw Coplanar
I'm tearing this bandsaw apart and cleaning it all up, inspecting and lubing. She will definitely need new tires very soon. I've been reading about the wheels needing to be coplanar to one another....
25
25

Lumber get up
Any wood jocks having having a tough time getting up, check it out:
1
1

Filler matching
I have found that the best filler you can use is the sawdust from the wood you are filling mixed with PVA glue into a paste costs almost nothing and dries to the original colour of the wood
1
1

Grizzly Planer knife setting
I have a G0453 Grizzly 15" planer that I love except when it's time for knife replacement. This planer uses a knife gauge that you set above the knives and adjust the jack screws to make the knives...
9
9

Repairing dryrot in structural beams
I am looking for some insights from anyone out there who has some experience with repairing large beams with dryrot. The beams look like they are about 16-18" tall, 12" wide and probably 35-40' long....
15
15

Spares for Compound Mitre Saw
Been going around in circles.... Have a Performance Power Pro Slide compound Mitre Saw model CLM210LSMS which has done good service untill stupidly I jammed the blade last week and chewed up the...

New planer advice
I'm giving up on my DeWalt DW733, and want something a little more heavy duty, longer lasting. Not looking for a 20" giganta-planer, but a 13" or 15" belt driven model I'll still be able to get parts...
33
33

Sketchup: Engineering Tool Box
Woodworkers using SketchUp may find the following a useful site/plug-in: EngineeringToolBox - Sketchup Edition
8
8