Subject Author Posted Replies

long deck screws
I recently had to repair a neighbor's fence after running into it on an ice covered downhill. It's a rustic 2 rail lodgepole fence and she had plenty of material, so I didn't have to buy material,...
30
30

Ordering the same size (metric) woodscrews as the ones I have
In the past when I picked up an ordinary woodscrew, I used to look at the head diameter and could usually guess what "number" it was. If I had to measure it then the head diameter in millimetres...
11
11

AWW revamped web site
I hate to veer away from all the subjects that do not contain any woodworking but these folks are apparently trying to redo their site. It's not bad. least they gave it a shot and there is some decent...
15
15

Christmas project plans -- Christmas Pyramid Plans - TIA
I am looking for plans for a 3 tier Christmas Pyramid. I know I am early, but they take a long time to build and are quite complex Anyone have the plans from the 2005 ScrollSaw Magazine Christmas...

WWJ latest scam - DVD club
I stopped my subscription to WWJ about 4 years ago when they sent me a 'free' book with the promise of more to come 'at a special price'. Fast forward to yesterday and I got a 'free' DVD. Same ole...
16
16

Mounting glass table top to wood
Does anyone know what to use to support an all glass top on a wooden and frame? I'm thinking the weight of the glass will keep it in place so maybe clear mushroom suction cups or silicon like disks....
5
5

Shop vac as dust collection
SSBhbSB0aGlua2luZyBvZiB1c2luZyBhIHNob3AgdmFjIGFzIGEgZHVzdCBjb2xsZWN0b3IuIEl0 IGlzIHRpbWUgdG8gZ2V0IGEgbmV3IG9uZSBhbnl3YXkuIFdoYXQgc2hvdWxkIHRoZSBtaW5pbXVt...
17
17

Child Jake chair
Over the past four years, I have built over thirty sets of Jake chairs and footstools. Each year, my wife says I should start to make Jake chairs for kids. I know she is right but am not that good at...
1
1

Footprint of Delta new Unisaw
I want to ask to someone who has already owned Delta's new Unisaw #36-L336. Please advise what the size of Footpint of #36-L336 is. Thanks in advance. Mickey
12
12

Lipped drawer fronts
I am ready to make some drawers for the lower half of a hutch. I am interested in what I have seen called "lipped" drawer fronts or rabbeted drawer fronts as my Leigh DT jig manual calls them. It's...
9
9

Laminate countertops
I'm making a sewing table for my wife for our hobby room. After a kitchen remodel, the old base cabinets went in there, along with a custom built cabinet/closet folding table. Both of the previous...
2
2

Traveling Tool Chest
A few weeks ago I asked if anyone had links to examples of the old-timey traveling tool chests 'cause I wanted to make one to use in my volunteer work. Got a lot of good ideas. Tried to put some into...
11
11

RE: Connecting Shoppers ....
The "Sonny" who posted that is not me. Sonny

OT- Captain jumps overboard, SEALs shoot pirates (Apr 12) (US 3, Pirates 0)
102
102

Oshlun Blades... Any Good?
Oshlun 10'' x 80 Tooth Crosscut Saw Blade Are these any good? At 20 bucks, I was thinking of getting a couple to use as run-of-the-mill blades on the RAS and Table.
1
1