Subject Author Posted Replies

Need suggestions for a lathe
Folks, I don't do bowls (at least not yet) and I don't use a lathe all that much anymore (lots of craftsman furniture), but I still do turnings now and then. I have done many turnings over the years...
5
5

Need suggestions on a lathe
Folks, I don't do bowls (at least not yet) and I don't use a lathe all that much anymore (lots of craftsman furniture), but I still do turnings now and then. I have done many turnings over the years...
6
6

Delta spindle sander
Any of you guys own or have any experience with the Delta 31-780 BOSS Bench Oscillating Spindle Sander? Guy's asking $125 for what he describes as a "gently used" machine. I'm going to check it out...
5
5

Big Iron & stuff
Excuse top posting: saw this on thought there would be interest here.... http://www.govdeals.com/eas/index.cfm http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDisplay.cfm?itemID=551
16
16

Safe way to carry dust remote
Just got my closeted dust collector on a separate 220v circuit and set up to run from an X-10 appliance module plugged into an outlet controlled by an hp-rated wall switch. Pushed the on-button on the...
35
35

What model of unisaw is this?
Hi, I'm considering buying this unisaw out of someone's storage unit. The seller is not there to give me the model number so I'm trying to determine the model of this unisaw. I would appreciate if...
7
7

#$%&*( ants
Put out some Real Kill ant bait. Just watched an ant come out of the little thingie with a piece of bait in his mouth, walk to the edge of the counter, toss the bait in the trash can under the...
17
17

Re: Are cyanoacrylates all created equal?
Rockler's accelerator, at least, is not acetone. I checked on that a year or two back. All I can remember any more is that it's a fluorinated hydrocarbon of some sort, and that I found out what it is...
8
8

Are cyanoacrylates all created equal?
I'm curious about superglues - are they pretty much all the same? I really love them for quick fixes in the shop. And what about the accelerator - is it really just acetone? Anyone have any info?...
10
10

Whence?
I just got a notice that AT&T is going to drop their USENET server on the 15th of July. Where can one go to get connected back to this group after AT&T closes their server? Thanks Deb
30
30

OT How can anyone take PETA seriousely?
I know, I know, this is a WW forum but it is ironic that an organization like this has any credibility at all, AND that any one takes them seriously PETA is going after President Obama for swatting a...
28
28

OT Canadian governement should take away pocket knives!
On NBC news this morning a video of a gorilla pulling a knife on another gorilla at the Calgary Zoo! It's a shame the other gorilla did not have a gun to protect himself! Fortunately neither was...
11
11

Routing Chair Rail Molding
Just after some advice or tips... Have a nice one piece Freud Chair Rail Molding bit - to figure out the best way of supporting the workpiece as I run it past the bit... it needs to be firm against...
4
4

OT: Burgers!
just watched this blog about cheeseburgers and suddenly had an epiphany. How do you guys like/make your burgers? I like blue cheese in/on mine. The latest headlines and information from Broward, Palm...
72
72

Attic Insulation and/or Venting in the Southwest
I'm looking for advice and ideas for improving energy efficiency in my house, especially heat from the roof and attic. I own an older house in Tucson, and we are trying to do what we can to decrease...
31
31