Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Interesting
Higher intelligence is associated with liberal political ideology, atheism, and men's (but not women's) preference for sexual exclusivity. More intelligent people are statistically more likely to...
41
41

Off Topic: Darwin Award
58
58

OT: Abby Sunderland article for Lew
Here's hoping this doesn't generate the same kind of heated rhetoric as The Yiddish Solution did! in Houston...
2
2

Looking for CF Belden
Wood turner extraordinaire! Anyone know if he's here, or on another group? Thanks! Kate
6
6

Curiousity; Does anyone know who makes a 6 by 54 inch belt sander?
Hey All, Just wondering if anybody knows what manufacturers made 6 x 54 inch belt sanders? Do you know if these were edge sanders or flat, or both? Thanks for any info. Marc
9
9

Olympic gold...
What a great hockey game! Of course, the best team won... My favourite moment was a shot of our Canadian forces in Kandahar. One of our soldiers had a sign that read" Canada and the USA. Brothers in...
20
20

My apologies
I'm just going to apologize, and promise to bow out of the shit-storm I caused ... if not the woodworking portion of tonight's feature film. While everything in my heart wishes that I *could* just...
4
4

OT: Offensive non-PC joke - Libruls should avoid
Rev. Wright?s Revenge The American people remember how quickly President Obama dropped his preacher and spiritual advisor of many years when it became clear that the holy man?s message of "God damn...
6
6

OT: Okra question. Swingman?
My wife likes it cooked on the grill. Brush on some mainade or olive oil, a little salt and pepper and she is in heaven. I don't like it any way it is cooked. I think the only reason they invented...
64
64

Emulating Scrub Plane
When I was at the WoodWorking Show, someone from LN/V showed me how to emulate a scrub plane. He was using a Low-angled plane with a blade that appeared to be ground with a lot of camber. Now I'm...
3
3

Roller Bearing Problem
I just noticed today that one of my roller bearings on my BS is frozen (bottom). I managed to free it, but it spins with a gritty feel to it. Can I soak this thing in oil or are they so sealed that it...
8
8

Shooting board question
I admit it, I'm much more normite than neander... Anyway, I don't have a shooting board but can see where it would be useful from time to time. But one thing I've never understood just by reading...
2
2

Checked my inbox for.... Neil Wheelchair jokes
How do you know when a cabbage is boiled?? The wheelchair floats to the top . ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Three disabled guys (a blind...
7
7

New Woodworking Show.
4
4

O/T: Small World
Periodically, I go on line and read the obituary listings of the newspaper in Wooster, OH, the town where I grew up. Saw a headline listing of a man whose name I didn't recognize but he was only a few...
1
1