Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping Lew (OT)
I have seen footage of this sailboat, but never like this: The BMW Oracle BOR 90 sailing in Mexico, November 20 '09
2
2

Table saw options
SWMBO bought me a Sears 10" TS over 30 years ago. It is the one with the s= heet metal extensions, left and right. My thinking, 30 years back, was "Su= re wish I had cast iron extensions". =20 Fast...
34
34

Temp minimums for applying poly
My shop is one stall in the garage and it's getting chilly here in Wisconsin, just as I'm about ready to finish my rolling kitchen cart. I plan on using a diluted oil-based poly for one of those "you...
13
13

Ultimate sharpening stone (for wife)
Here is a ultimate woodworking related gift. Works for women too: malm
2
2

Speaking of scrap...
Since my recent discovery of planes I have been looking at wood a little differently. I've been planing down the mangiest specimens in my scrap pile for practice and have noticed that the wood...
4
4

Can anyone identify this tool?
can click the "Newer" button for two more views. The long piece fits in the two "brackets" as shown in the second and third photos. I assume that is how it is intended to be used, even thought the fit...
3
3

Shop space available: Oakley, California
I am renting two workbench spaces in my well equipped woodworking workshop in Oakley, California. See pics and info here: get their own 10=92 x 10=92 workbench space and access to all the equipment...
10
10

My Shop: So Proud
I finally have my new shop setup to the point I can actually do production. Lots left to do but I can make large piles of sawdust out of large piles of wood once again. will be renting space to a few...
24
24

Re: The Longevity of High Tech Materials in Woodworking
Perhaps neither is very good. The place I stayed at a couple of times in Italy was originally built in the 1100's and rebuilt in the 1500's. The stonework is still in great shape. Interior has been...
14
14

OT- Veterans Day
To all of you who served and those that did so in the distant past, I am forever in your debt. Thank you. basilisk
10
10

RE: Small Sprayer System
WoodSmith just ran the following: around forever. Known around boat yards or auto body shops as "The Preval", the company that makes them. Neat device. Lew http://woodsmithtips.com/l/7a29-142354Been
2
2

Japan Drier
When the drier is added to a pint of tung oil, will it have any adverse on the tung oil in the container if it hasn't all been used, and just stored, or should I mix just what I am going to use right...
3
3

Woodworking Show Every Weekend (was Duh...)
The Woodworking Shows offers events and online education for woodworking enthusiasts across the mid-Atlantic states.
2
2

shaper accessories
I am wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase any of those clear plastic guards that go on the spindle above a shaper cutter. I used to see them in one of the catalogs I received,but now that I...
3
3

Festool looking for industry professionals to test the Domino XL
Just got this email from Festool. Thought that some of you might be interested in this. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ We're looking for 25 of the best...
9
9