30-Year-Old Planed Oak - $2 Per Board Foot (Dallas Area)

Old, solid-oak atrium benches / pews. See ad and pictures here:

Martin

Road trip, anyone?

Reply to
Swingman

I just had that conversation with SWMBO. No can do. (Detroit - Dallas - Detroit kinda kills the economics of the deal.)

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

Try Hartford - Dallas - Hartford!

Hey, the company I work for has interoffice mail, and a presence in Dallas...

Reply to
B A R R Y

OMG, and I live in Plano, same town he is in (per Craigslist)! Email already off to him, hope to get a call soon.

This could be a neener!

Tom B

Picked up 6 of the 5 footers and 2 of the six footers today, all lthat Marty had left. Wood looks to be in great shape. It's in 3 1/2" and 4

1/2" widths, all 1 1/2" thick. I'm not sure if it's quarter sawn but has a very subdued grain structure compared to most oak I've seen. I'm going to disassemble one of the benches, sand the pieces to bare wood, then see how it looks.

The benches are still rock solid. The M&Ts were doweled through and the dowels glued but not (I think) the M&T itself. Interesting. If I'm right I can drill out the dowels and the joints will come apart.

So I got some lumber and a couple of benches for the back deck at a pretty reasonable price.

Tom B