230 Volt Tools

Folks in the UK use 230 volt tools.

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

Not only that, folks in the US use 120 volt tools. Jim

Reply to
Jim

I use 240 volt, 120 volt, 18 volt and 12 volt tools.

HTH

Reply to
Robert Allison

And we use a full 60 cycles, not a cheap 50 cycles. I don't know what the Europeans even do with all the cycles they save.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Ouch! That really hertz.

Reply to
lwasserm

With Ed and Larry who needs Abbot and Costello?

Reply to
Swingman

Ohhhhhhm, stop it.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

"Don Dando" wrote in news:yeEFg.10755$kO3.4610 @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

Not at all constrution sites. In the UK, electric tools and portable lighting at construction sites are sometimes fed from a centre-tapped system with only 55 V between live conductors and the earth. This system is used with 110 V equipment and therefore no neutral conductor is needed. The intention is to reduce the electrocution hazard that may exist when using electrical equipment at a wet or outdoor construction site. An incidental benefit is that the filaments of 110 V incandescent lamps are thicker and therefore mechanically more rugged and shock-resistant than 230 V lamps.

Reply to
Al

I've even got a tool (steel rules count, right?) that doesn't use electricity at all.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Lynch

Pete, A word of caution; When that tool does use electricity do not pick it up.

Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

I think you really mean it uses 0 volts.

Reply to
lwasserm

They save the other 10Hz in their efforts to be "green". Then recycle them to make more 50 cycle electricity. So what was the point of the OP anyway????

Reply to
Rich

Probably works like my cordless screwdriver.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You know, this pointless post certainly did bring a lot of responses! Jim

Reply to
Jim

I've noticed he seems to do that. At first I thought he was a webtv user, but I checked the headers and it must be something else.

Maybe we could all chip (obligatory wood reference) in a few pennies apiece to buy him a clue.

Reply to
LRod

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:kO%Fg.11583$kO3.6729 @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

Mine has a prybar feature.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

240 volt hand held tools? The original question was about 230 volt hand tools.
Reply to
Leon

He is a troll and this is his shtick. He never responds to those who attempt to help him.

Reply to
Locutus