Subject Author Posted Replies

The latest completed project
Well not the latest, the next to last. The same customer hired me to fill one of her closets with shelving. Anyway this was for a customer that needed more storage spac4e in her kitchen. The piece is...
11
11

Another restored lathe (wood, this time)
Woodchucker did a beautiful job with his restoration of that 1940 South Bend metalworking lathe he just posted about. His post prompted me to offer another lathe restoration, albeit a much more modest...
7
7

The new McFeelys
Anybody been shopping online at McFeelys's ( since Jim McFeely sold it? What do you think? Tom McFeely's - over 40 Years supplies fasteners, fine woodworking tools and materials.
16
16

OT: I have been rebuilding a 1940 southbend lathe.
This was a fun project. Enjoyed bringing some heavy metal back to life. Imgur: The magic of the Internet
11
11

OT: Draining a water pressure tank without a shutoff valve
I've posted this to but in case that doesn't work out, I h ope maybe some of you might know. I'm changing out the water pressure tank, but I don't have a shut off valve from tank to well to drain the...
4
4

Best screw head that won't strip
I can't decide which is better, the square or the star? Which is less likely to strip? Thanks.
92
92

Duck clean release blue tape
It's junk. It does not even stick to well itself! I put it over some doo r hinges to protect them while I was painting the door. The tape would not release after one day. I needed to use any means...
8
8

Estate planning for woodworkers
Has anyone solved the problem of what to do with equipment and supplies upo n death? The wife and I are going over our wills,etc. and this has come up. I don't have any children and none of my...
11
11

Breathable Noise Filter
I'm building a box to hold a small compress. Purpose is to mask as much of the compressor sound as possible. Of course, the compressor will need to have air intake and output availability. Can anybody...
26
26

jointer
What do you guys think of this one (does it look like 3-phase?) I sent a message to the owner. Bill http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/4578621510.html
44
44

A Little Ingenuity Saves the Back!
A couple dozen fence posts to remove. After the first two, I decided I needed a change in technique. :-) You can buy or rest a post remover if you have a hundred of these to remove. But if you want to...
33
33

RE: The Author-1
Forgot to mention Pic on ABPW. Lew

Theater chairs
I bought five connected fold down theater chairs. Looks like 50's. They are made of laminated wood, similar to plywood, and are curved. The type like they used to make curved barstools and chairs and...
15
15

Temporary What is it?
While Rob H is taking a sabbatical from his What is it? site, thought I would post a couple of my own rejected submissions. Did not initially plan to soliciting these from others. However if this is...
1
1

For you Domino guys
Woodpeckers is making a set of shims to enable varied mortise depths for your Domino: https://www.woodpeck.com/dominodepthsleeves.html