Subject Author Posted Replies

lee valley looking a little bit like sky mall
are you familiar with that magazine that you always find in airplane seat pockets if you are then look at a leev alley catalog they are starting to look a little like that sky mall catalog this is the...
4
4

pipe clamps give ultimate clamping power
for me 3/4" pipe clamps using black pipe can not be beat for sheer clamping power well i suppose there are clamps meant for welding that are equal or better but pipe clamps are common in woodworking...
13
13

research is a good thing
like, duh, use a template to drill holes. been looking at at books in a local library branch
14
14

Speaking of clamps
Woodpeckers has a sale on Bessey K-body Revo clamps. I see between a 30~45% discount depending on the size of the clamp. Note the clamps are sold in pairs and the pricing is for pairs.
85
85

Dewalt random orbit sander: repair runaway speed?
Did someone here address this problem before? My DeWalt ROS seems to work OK when it's on the wood, but it achieves a frightening speed with no "load". I thought I read that the fix had something to...
4
4

Drawer bottoms: Is this cheating?
I'm making a bunch (10) of drawers for the pair of his and her vanities I am making. Easy to make because each of us (me/wife) get five in a stack which means they are all the same width and length,...
21
21

old straight boards and cuts
am reusing some old pure heart redwood fencing the fence was put up in the 1950's early part i think i am using them for shelves and the wood is beautiful most people throw the stuff in the trash...

summary for hf clamps
sounds like the quick release bar clamps and the aluminum bar clamps are the only ones worth it the quick release ratcheting clamps with the pistol grip are no good and have no power but i have a tiny...
74
74

HF clamps and ryobi eybolt/wingnut driver
i am tempted by the sirens of cheapness at harbor freight so i may buy a few the word online is that the ryobi eyebolt/wingnut driver works on these clamps once you remove the crappy stock handle...
12
12

Woodworking knife
I usually use a kitchen knife that's been laying around my workshop forever. I use it mostly for marking fine cuts. Does it pay to get a really good woodworking knife? If so, any recommendations?...
31
31

Ping jloomis - Patio Build
Re: That's quite a project. Neat and nice overall design. Good job. I like that old tree, off to the side. The homeowners should try to highli ght that tree (I'm thinking they have considered that)....

Very cool, but expensive...
-Jim This kit contains Invis Mx2 connectors and a Rasto drill jig. Invis is a totally invisible connector that can be taken apart and reconnected to give a very strong locking joint. Working like a...
61
61

Excitement in the shop,,,,sort'a
So I am in the middle of building 6 more boxes and getting ready to cut grooves for the tops and bottoms of the boxes. I had just mounted my dado set and switched out the SS brake for the dado set....
7
7

Magnetic internal fastener
I prefer making the joint, but this is interesting and has potential for a lot of applications.

Keep Sake Box Revisited.
Almost to the month, 5 years ago, I built a trinket box with a lot of detail inlay pieces that resembled a quilting pattern called Building Blocks, IIRC. Anyway I followed the plans from WoodSmith...
28
28