Subject Author Posted Replies

Fuji 4 stage not putting out enough lacquer
My trusty Fugi 4 stage is not putting out enough Hydrocote. Even spraying water is not really putting out the usual size and volume. No problems in the past! I have cleaned the gun 2 or 3 times. I...
2
2

Lee Valley shipping fees
I've noticed Lee Valley Tools has a free shipping period of a week or so (Apr 7-18). IOW, orders over $40 get free shipping fer that specific period. Does Lee Valley do this often? I ask cuz I would...
10
10

Throwback Thursday
(1939) Location unclear - possibly Scotland. Gamble House, Pasadena, CA Location unclear - possibly Scotland. Various shots of a man making fishing rod. He cuts the wood, shapes it, makes sections of...
5
5

Two for Tuesday
Introducing the Toyota Setsuna Incredible Oak Stump Chair Debuting at Milan Design Week next Monday, Toyota's Setsuna is probably the most unique concept car to debut from a major automaker this year....
12
12

Problem with spur center lathe 3400
Hi There!, I have some problems with my lathe, I don't know how i can remove the headstock spindle (spur Center) rockwell in this lathe 3400 to put the plate face, I went to Rona, Home depot and any...
11
11

Refinishing veneer
I have a teak veneer stereo cabinet that has been sitting in the garage for about 10 years under a bunch of garage junk. When I stuck it in the garage, it had a bad water stain on the top. The rest...
6
6

Surface area of roof
My new shop/garage will be 28'X42' (12' of long side will be a garage). The roof slope will be 5/12. How do I figure the area of the roof? Thanks Jim
38
38

Oak Rust?
Hello, I've seen the term "oak rust" on this ng more than few times over the years, usually used in a facetious or sarcastic way. I have been unable to go back far enough find the thread where this...
19
19

gallons of glue
on amazon i saw gallons of titebond for $16-17 with free shipping seemed too good to be true then i noticed the price was only for prime customers and i did not see a price for non-prime customers...
18
18

Tuning Up A Century Old Dresser - With Roller Guides
We snagged a curved front dresser from my Grandmother's house last weekend. It was probably my Great-Grandmother's, but there's no way to know at this point. My soon-to-graduate daughter wants it for...
72
72

build new computer stuff
See attached.
1
1

OT: Someone should . . .
Someone should . . . Give Michelle Obama some fashion advice.
4
4

_Re : Re: Garage cieling idears? (driwall, plywoood, etc....)
at either span if a 16 or 24 inch truss is sagging you may consider hiring a pro must be some load though if you need a truss for a 16 or 24 inch span
2
2

Grainger's prices..
Was looking for some flexible grinding wheels for my grinder. I have a bunch that are great, but can't find them anymore. So after doing a search I see a couple of possible replacement candidates. So...
21
21

Latest Job Complete
So this job went pretty quick. These garage cabinets are 182" wide and the tall cabinet is 92" tall. Short cabs are 30" tall. These are reconstructed in the usual manner that I do, front and back face...
13
13