Subject Author Posted Replies

I want a Woodcraft (in NJ)
Ray, welcome to reality. Here in Northern NJ there are VERY few tool suppliers and fewer hardwood suppliers. I usually get mine through online sources. Wasn't so long ago thatWoodworkers Warehouse had...
13
13

Basement stairs
Stairs have wafer board applied and I want to install pine stair threads = but not sure what to use for the ideas.
1
1

stone veneer on center island
An inch and a half thick is more of a slab than a veneer. You just put it on. You can put a couple of blobs of adhesive or sealant underneath if you are worried about it moving. Was that the question?...
6
6

Wood For TV Stand
Did you see mine I just posted on ABPW?? It is a real bute!
9
9

Hey Bill in Detroit!
Sorry, Bob. I keep forgetting that the newsgroup address is a dummy. You have email from me with the subject line "Here I am" Bill
1
1

Shelving system: new to me
I'd never seen this done before, maybe some of you have. It's pretty simple to do and is all wood. Little blocks of wood go in the "dentals" to hold the shelves in place. You just pop them out and put...

Re: In the Words of Republican Presidential Candidate Sen. John McCain WASTED#3172: Lance Cpl. Raul S. Bravo, 21, of Elko, Nev
Stinky, is that you???

Building a secret room
I built a set of 30" deep x 96" wide x 9' tall shelves out of jointed and plained 2" x 4"'s and plywood in my garage / shop for tool storage. I built them with the backs about 24" from the back wall...
23
23

Where for wood cut to size and shape?
Welcome aboard. In most large cities you'll find an "unfinished furniture" store of some kind. These typically are small storefront operations selling pine and plywood items such as bookcases, small...
8
8

salvaged church pews
Tue, Mar 6, 2007, 1:50pm (EST-3) doth query: My question is, how strong is this type of construction versus solid wood? As long as it's strong enough for whatever you want to use it for, what...
5
5

Group Questionnaire
Do you have a sister? Does she have a sister? Do you like "photography"?
6
6

Having problems with wooden replicas
I sure hope you are reading your Koran daily and learning to speak farsie. Your kids too. Robert the Republican Smith
5
5

Cutting Board Wood Selection
It will be fine. If it is soft maple it will wear faster than hard would. Not a big deal. There is no real difference between "hard" and "soft"; just that some species tend to be harder than others....
12
12

Anybody else love spalting?
Very nice!
11
11

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 156 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...