Subject Author Posted Replies

Logging Tech - Modern Marvels
On again tonight at 10pm, eastern time. Very interesting, especially if you've not seen it. I've already seen it 3-4 times, so goin to pass on it tonight. Just now I'm watching them make acustic...

In the Market for a Bandsaw
Tom, the 10 point ceramic guides come standard on the Laguna's. Also, the shipping charges included lift delivery to my driveway. It only took "could you please" to get the driver to roll the pallet...
10
10

Fixing Particle Board That Has Raised Grain Excessively
Thanks. Indeed, if I could start this project over with, I would have used solid wood or plywood, or even MDF. But I don't want to start this over because the project is almost done except for putting...
17
17

Rotary tool collet nut
Just guessing but euro folks have an 8mm shank on some of their router bits. Some US market routers have an 8mm collect included or as an available accesscory. charlie b
1
1

HOMEMADE SHAPER - PDF
Wonder how well the drill press spindle would withstand the side loading in the long run.
9
9

FOOT POWERED SCROLL SAW - PDF
you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter. - W.S. Lind...

TABLE SAW - PDF
Wed, Apr 25, 2007, 10:54pm (EDT+4) (Steve=A0Hall) doth sayeth: Love the tie, goes right with our recent gloves thread. No, it's tucked behine his shop apron, so no prob. My high school shop teacher...
3
3

WOODEN BANDSAW - PDF
The Soap Box Derby wheels Grampa had, had solid rubber tires, that tapered in to the tread area, for low rolling resistance. He somehow shaved the tires down so the tread area got wider. About 1" as I...
9
9

why buy?
Wed, Apr 25, 2007, 11:08am (EDT-3) (RayV) doth posteth: I had heard about Google and their book scanning so I decided to check it out. I'm not a copyright attorney so don't know if this is legal or...
5
5

Air Compressor Question
Exactly the answer I was looking for, It makes much more sense to stay with a reasonable sized and priced compressor and use a good electric ROS sander as someone suggested. Thanks for the inputs.
6
6

Carpentry questions here?
Thanks to everybody for the replies. Dang, almost had a job at Taunton Press selling ads, maybe a decade or so ago. I lived about ten miles from their offices back then. I ended up selling for...
7
7

MOTOR-DRIVEN PADDLE BOARD - PDF
tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe http://www.vintageprojects.com/boats/motor-board.pdfJOATExpensive

some vids and pics of my new cnc router in action.
Good looking signs! Unless it is supposed to be a secret, can you tell us what software you decided to use! Tom Grant
7
7

Router dust control help, please.
Same here. I occasionally get some chips off the outfeed end of the table, but almost never see anything (dust or chips) directly under the table. Unless of course I'm routing a groove or something in...
10
10

I'm Havin' Fun Now
Spent some more time this afternoon, paning down the 2X4 chunks, and thinking about the next step. Things coming along well, figure some 1/4" plywood, as a base joing both pieces, on both sids of the...
6
6