Subject Author Posted Replies

Killing a tree???
Greetings All, I'm concerned that my neighbor may be trying to kill one of my trees. It sits about 2 feet from our common property line and he does nothing but complain about it. I'm not sure of the...
19
19

Reminder - Lumberyard on Modern Marvels
9 PM tonight, and 1 AM tomorrow. That Eeastern coast time for all the wrong coast guys. Wish everyone could see it. That's on cable. JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George...
3
3

workbench?
At the risk of all the abuse I am about to receive... :-) anyone seen one of these up close and in person? Of those that have, any opinions? Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same...
7
7

DeWalt 715 mitre saw.
I need a 12" chopsaw for a specific work station. It doesn't need to be a slider. The Borg has the DeWalt 715 on for a deal that includes a gift certificate and the end-price certainly falls within an...
6
6

Cat yak on bedroom dresser
Yesterday our cat hacked up something ugly on the top of our Ethan Allen, dark Pine, bedroom dresser. My wife caught this only minutes after it happened. After cleaning the area with a damp cloth and...
12
12

Inspiration: Gillette Castle
If you're ever in Connecticut this is a must-see. Something like 75 doors, all different, each with a wooden latch, and the latches are all different, and after almost a hundred years, they all still...
4
4

Wood Couch?
My wife has asked me to build a wood couch to match the "mission" mahogany coffee table I build her last year. Of hand I can't picture a wood couch. Anyone got plans/examples? Thanks.
6
6

Framing Nailer question
I'm looking to purchase a Framing Nailer for a few jobs around the house like: building a shed, a fence, dog house and would like some clarification. I have seen 34, 28 and 21 degree nailers an was...
5
5

1,100 Hours - In One Piece?
Eleven Hundred Hours- in One Piece? (actually it's for a five piece set - but still - 1,100 hours?) The Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, Massachusetts exhibit ?Inspired by China? has 29 pieces done by...
8
8

Pilot Bit and Driver Bit Combo
I use a set almost identical to this that I got from Sears. like that the drilling attachment flips and you drive with the other end. Less chance of having to look for the drill attachment... Main...
5
5

T&G wood panels installed in diaganol pattern on a wall
I started to install "roofers"(3/4 by 5 1/4 with smooth side out) planks on a long wall with 2 windows at an angle such that they meet in the center of the room creating a downward looking arrow...
2
2

Re: Lee Valley is taking all my money...
And it ain't just the "expensive stuff" - Veritas planes, special jigs and fixtures - but the little stuff - that cumulatively drain your wallet. I needed some Z-clips for hanging some cabinets $1.85...
5
5

What is it? CLXXIV
This week's set has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
15
15

A feel Good Moment.
G'day all, This morning I loaded my scroll saw and a heap of finished items, some timber and a fold up bench onto the ute and attended the local Old Peoples Home. I had been asked to do a demo awhile...
8
8

How to make a cooler?
I am a college student at a school with a dry campus. However, next semester i will be living in my fraternity house and those arent dry ever. I was just wondering what yall would recommend using if I...
26
26