And it ain't just the "expensive stuff" - Veritas planes, special jigs
and fixtures - but the little stuff - that cumulatively drain your
I needed some Z-clips for hanging some cabinets $1.85 a pair, and some
figure 8 washers for attaching table tops to legs/aprons - 20 for $2.20.
But - as long as I was phoning in an order, might as well get
- some cabinet leveling legs at $1.95 eah
- the clips for attaching a toe kick to the leveling legs
- a miter saddle square
- a set of four metric SS rules (I've got a Festool DOMINO which is ALL
- one of those cool yellow "finger wrenches" for holding a nut in a
that's hard to get to
- a hacking knife - just because it looked slick and I figure the old
down the street who splits his own fire wood could use it for
- an auger bit file (I'd always meant to get me one of these things
- Blindman's Fractional/Decimal/Metric electronic calipers at the
Price (see justification of need /DOMINO above)
- a slick little pocket sized illuminated microscope (want to see if
edge is REALLY sharp?)
Kah-chingggg! One hundred and seventy dollars - including shipping!
But it sure was fun digging into the packing when the box arrived.
I'm sick of the quality of the tools. Why can't they offer stuff on
par with the borg? Sheffield england? what kind of backwater town is
that? why cant they follow the likes of Flim-Flam province in china,
they've been in the tool business for 45 minutes. Maybe if they did,
they would fade to black like the borg.
(i'm eyeing a new set of chisles to open my paint cans with)
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.