Re: Lee Valley is taking all my money...

And it ain't just the "expensive stuff" - Veritas planes, special jigs and fixtures - but the little stuff - that cumulatively drain your wallet.

I needed some Z-clips for hanging some cabinets $1.85 a pair, and some figure 8 washers for attaching table tops to legs/aprons - 20 for $2.20. But - as long as I was phoning in an order, might as well get

- some cabinet leveling legs at $1.95 eah

- the clips for attaching a toe kick to the leveling legs

- a miter saddle square

- a set of four metric SS rules (I've got a Festool DOMINO which is ALL metric)

- one of those cool yellow "finger wrenches" for holding a nut in a place that's hard to get to

- a hacking knife - just because it looked slick and I figure the old man down the street who splits his own fire wood could use it for splitting kindling

- an auger bit file (I'd always meant to get me one of these things

- Blindman's Fractional/Decimal/Metric electronic calipers at the Intoductory Price (see justification of need /DOMINO above)

- a slick little pocket sized illuminated microscope (want to see if your edge is REALLY sharp?)

Kah-chingggg! One hundred and seventy dollars - including shipping!

But it sure was fun digging into the packing when the box arrived.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

charlieb wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com:

*snip*

I can hear it now... "My husband* spent $170 on tools, and spent three hours after they arrived playing with the bubble wrap!"

*Replace with the appropriate term.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I'm sick of the quality of the tools. Why can't they offer stuff on par with the borg? Sheffield england? what kind of backwater town is that? why cant they follow the likes of Flim-Flam province in china, they've been in the tool business for 45 minutes. Maybe if they did, they would fade to black like the borg.

(i'm eyeing a new set of chisles to open my paint cans with)

Reply to
splinter

I am blessed, Lee Valley store next to the borg all 5 miles from me! I share your pain, but without the shipping charges!!!

Reply to
Drb

it's not quality it's quantity

Reply to
bent

Like a kid opening his Christmas Present.

Us old farts need a treat now and then.

LdB

Reply to
L d'Bonnie