Subject Author Posted Replies

TRV with 1/2 in BSP inlet
I need to replace a leaking TRV. Where can I purchase a reasonably priced angled TRV with a 1/2 inch BSP female inlet? Regards
6
6

Soakaways in older properties. (2023 Update)
Is it common for soakaways to be located at the base of the gutter pipe on older properties? Friend of mine is living in an old house (not sure of the age, early 1900s perhaps?) and the downpipe from...
31
31

4mm set screws with hexagon heads.
Why is it so difficult to buy 4mm 'bolts' with hex heads? Everyone sells Pozi, both countersunk and raised and slotted types too. And plenty with allen heads. But for this partially obstructed...
5
5

OT Analog UHF TV transmissions.
I have a couple of old portable LCD TVs from a relative's estate, but they're UHF analog PAL UK etc so no use here. Is there anywhere in the world where they'd still work? Cheers
30
30

Quick onecall/cpc/farnell delivery
Sent off an order to oncall just after 6pm yesterday (25th Jan) and the 3 stepper motors, SD card, a USB charger plug and 5 leads have all arrived before midday today (26th jan). Now that is...
8
8

"Sealing" a pipe exit from boxing
I'm boxing-in several pipe drops in the corners of rooms. The pipes drop vertically and then exit horizontally to go to a radiator. I'd like to find a way to fill the gaps around the horizontal pipes,...
5
5

EMF Camp
For people who enjoy making things. First batch of tickets go on sale Monday. Chances are they will sell out quickly. Electromagnetic Field is a non-profit UK camping festival for those with an...
18
18

GU10 240V LED bulbs - any to avoid?
Slowly grinding on with the cooker hood. I finally got the whole thing apart today, which included having to take out the GU10 light fittings and take off the chrome trim. Bad deed of the day - I...
4
4

Electrical trunking fixing
I need to surface fix some plastic electrical trunking to a fairly irregular surface internal wall. Would a grab adhesive be suitable for this application or would I be better off drilling through the...
11
11

New tougher MOTs.
Plus diesel emissions to be lower. A SET of new MOT failures are set to be introduced in the UK from May 2018 for both major and minor defects and diesel cars are also set to get stricter emissions...
82
82

How to authenticate a wet signature.
I have 3 `copies` of a document. 1 is original (ball point) and 2 are copies (laser printer) They all look similar, so does anyone know of a way to differentiate the `wet signature` from the copies. I...
42
42

Before the concrete pours...
I thought you might be interested to see this block of flats under construction from a convenient vantage point. The advertising billboards are a clue that UK Building Regulations are not involved...
1
1

Inflatable packaging
We'll be moving house fairly soon, and I'm accumulating boxes, bubble wrap etc. in anticipation of packing all the china, glass, small stuff etc. I've recently had some computer equipment come, packed...
15
15

Baxi wm 381 rs chb.boiler
My boiler has just had fitted a new gas valve new thermcouple,new water pump and pilot light assembly,but my radiators are only getting warm,and the radiator in my bathroom has to be bled daily
1
1

Lights for Doll's House
My granddaughter has a new wooden doll's house. I want to fit some internal lights - battery driven. Any suggestions - even websites? Cheers
11
11