Subject Author Posted Replies

Air vs Ground source heat pums
Having now discovered that hybrid systems are possible (but not necessarily the correct solution) my next questions is why "we" seem to be focusing on air source heat pumps. My limited knowledge...
24
24

Chlorhexidine mouthwash
Bought this at Savers for £1.75 Boots pharmacist suggested that I buy exclusively this one for £6.00 is not my native language but even I can see the active Ingredient is the same (Chlorhexidine...
39
39

O-rings for MDPE pipe, are they standard, if so where to buy spares?
I've found that a couple of my horse waterer MDPE pipe fittings are feeling their age in that the O-ring seals are deforming. One I just took out is almost square section! So I'm looking for a pack of...

Apple ID
Does anyone know whether changing one's email address that is part of the Apple-ID setup causes the Apple-ID itself to change to the new email address, thus unleashing planetary collisions and so on?
3
3

Any home brewers?
I've been brewing wine, happy with the results, i've been using empty plastic 2l water bottles but i've bought some spring top bottles and i'm wondering what to clean them with. Sink full of...
8
8

Seat buffers
Wot I've always known them as. A rubber 'foot' that screws on. Originally for between a wood toilet seat and the pan. Most hardware stores used to sell them in a variety of sizes. Usually 4 on a card....
15
15

Heat pumps and boilers?
Is it possible to use both a heat pump and boiler in the same system? If it is what are the disadvantages?
13
13

SPD types in diy -wiki ?
I was looking up the difference between type 1 and type 2 SPD in the diy wiki there's nothing! article below gives me a clue... http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Category:Electricalbut...
1
1

How do I change time on my vans clock?
68 Peugeot Expert and I want the clock to go forward 1 hour. So in settings there is an option of syncing with GPS and that is set to on. Brilliant - so the clock is correct when connected to Android...
137
137

2.6Kg Gold Nugget found by amateur in Oz
found in an old gold field too. That must make some of the original prospectors really sick. The specimen was found with a budget metal detector and weighed in at 4.6kg. The specimen was found with a...
32
32

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa
You'd think the headline was an April Fools Joke... Fire Services nationwide are having to buy gigantic baths to fully submerge electric vehicles so that they can be moved from crash scenes. No,...
5
5

How well do different metals (specifically copper and aluminium) conduct heat to air?
How well do different metals (specifically copper and aluminium) conduct heat to air?
56
56

OT: Laughing Gas
I know I've lived a comparatively sheltered life, but what are the non-medical reasons that nitrous oxide is available in high-street shops, only to result in kids buying it for 'recreational...
22
22

Pot Hole Damage Claim
Zurich is handling the claim for the County Highways. I dont know what and when any info has been transmitted to Zurich from the council, but a recent Zurich request for the highways people to verify...
2
2

OT - Scalextric
I found a huge box of Scalextric tracks dating from about 30 years ago. I have made up the circuit, but the cars in the box are all in bits, and there's a doubtful looking transformer. Is there a kit...
14
14