Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: OT: How to spot a Labour party rally
Yep, On the money, Rod
21
21

Cleaning the rubber seal to the drum on a washing machine.
In spite religiously wiping it every time after use the seal between the drum and door had become blackened. Is there any way to get it clean? If so how can it be kept clean?
5
5

Fitting a fire rated downlight to an oversized hole
Possibly, but this would very much be a last resort. I forgot to mention that the ceiling is artexed and matching the finish would be very difficult. I'm really trying to cover over the mess left by...
11
11

Low voltage connector plug for cycle wiring
AMP Tyco Superseal. Not sure if they have snatch connectors in the range but they are capable of single handed disconnection and are waterproof.
20
20

2 light switches in a 2g plate
If the switches are 2w types, wire adjacent pairs to form a 2 way switching circuit (as you have on stairs etc). Then all you need to get right is the pair to make the correct light work. Not ideal...
17
17

New Binky
Should be a new episode released for general consumption on YouTube tonight at 7pm. More bracket fabrication joy and various other bits. Listen out for oblique reference to turbo Yoda. ;-) Tim
2
2

Delboy's Garage, Chewed Screw Heads?, Easy Rescue !
Cross head, Allen or Torx..If they're chewed, You're screwed.!! Patreon Link:-https://www.patreon.com/DelboysGarage Like many busy channels these days, we support what we do here with the generous...

Aerial for new Denon DM41DAB
Just bought one of these from Richer Sounds (on offer). It has a single F connector on the back panel marked FM/DAB 50 ohms. The 2006 Onkyo it replaces has separate FM coax and DAB F connectors. In...
66
66

Dimmer switch for LED lamps?
I am proposing to fit 5.9w LED candle bulbs to a 5-arm pendant lamp. The bulbs I am considering claim to be dimmable If I wish to dim them, what sort of dimmer switch do I need? Most of the ones on...
3
3

DIY Juliet balcony
I'm thinking of installing a Juliet balcony across a patio door (overall width 2300mm, one sliding opening). Is it practical to fit the railings only across the opening half, leaving the fixed half...
50
50

Switching from MR16 to GU10 bulbs
Hi All, Just wanted to double check something. I have a load of MR16 bulbs with transformers and as per a previous discussion on here am about to change them all to GU10. The current setup for each...
8
8

Guess what the van did this morning?
It's a FIAT Scudo if that helps.
65
65

Shower pump overrunning
My son has just moved house and has found the shower pump carries on running after the shower is turned off. This is made more awkward by the isolating switch being in the loft! Any thought on cause?...
2
2

Bicycle bells
When I was a little lad in the 1950's, I understood that it was illegal to ride a bike without a bell. Nowadays nobody seems to have bells on their bikes. Was it never a requirement and I was...
48
48

paramount board internal wall has travertine tiles
just realised someone has put travertine tiles floor to ceiling onto a paramount board internal wall. Should I be concerned ? I've often wondered what my internal walls are made of but only got around...
3
3