Subject Author Posted Replies

Flexible bathrom lighting
I am wondering how to be able to select different lighting levels in the bathroom, for instance by having a central light plus downlights. The big snag is that, instead of, say, a three gang switch as...
10
10

Chip board T&G loft flooring
Anyone know where I can get chipboard T&G loft flooring in 2440 x 610 x 18mm (8ft x 2ft) size, in Sussex? Preferably a firm who'll deliver, as I want 26 sheets. Thanks
7
7

Gravity fed Shower mixer ; cold from mains, hot from cylinder tank
Hi, posted this message on another thread, but didn't quite get any definitive answers. Please consider: I am thinking of running both the basin mixer and bath shower/mixer cold taps off of the mains,...
5
5

hip roof loft conversion
I am looking at converting my loft (3 bed semi) into a bedroom. I know about all the building regs issues, & intend to do the job properly with a full-plans building regs submission. The problem is...
15
15

Indesit washing machine fault
I have an Indesit W101 washer that has developed a strange fault: when starting a wash cyle the machine starts to fill with water normally, then after about 30 seconds the pump runs continuously and...
9
9

Le Klint
Looks like another price fixing scam out there for Le Klint light pendants. Shame as they are very attractive - I don't suppose anyone knows where I could get the chapest one in the UK?
4
4

Top broken off my tap
The top has broken off my washbasin hot tap. I need help to get the broken lower part out of the tap. I've put photos at can be clicked on to enlarge. I've removed the top from the other cold tap (...
6
6

Moving a stopcock
Never done this before, but am reasonable at plumbing. Anything that I should be aware of when doing this?
1
1

Sarah Beeny..............Wow man !
When is this chick gonna do Property Ladder programme topless ! Wow what a lovely pair of Hooters She really oils my hinges I'd be willing to adjust her scaffolding anytime. Phil of Whittlesey...
3
3

Where can I buy a beige bath panel
Does anyone know a supplier of plastic bath side panels in 1980's colours ? My beige coloured panel (from 1980's) is split but B&Q/Homebase only now do white or wood effect. I don't want to have to...
6
6

Electrical fault in consumer unit?
Hi All, A mate has just rung me to see if I had any ideas why there was no power to the sockets in his house? He said none of the trips had 'tripped' and the lights and boiler were working but nothing...
5
5

surface mounted electrical sockets
I'm putting in a load of chrome sockets, light switches, etc in my house, most are going to be flush fitted, but there are some that I can't flush fit so they'll have to be surface mounted. I'm...
3
3

Patio Door - option?
My house is all double glazed except a pair of french doors which have toughened glass. The doors are wooden and I have just found some rot. All the doors and window frames in the house are dark...
5
5

What is the scale on a typical barometer?
I don't have one to hand right now, but I'm helping a child make a weather chart, and I'd like to know what sort of scale I should employ on the chart (data will be read from Cardiff, in February, if...
10
10

Swift Flow 80 Combi Boiler Problem
Can anyone help please? I'm totally in the dark when it comes to central heating systems, so any help would be most grateful. Swift Flow 80 Combi Boiler with Honeywell control. The problem is that I...
3
3