Subject Author Posted Replies

[OT] Car phone holder
My trusty holder broke to day and it is time for a new one. Looking for one that can be fixed to the windscreen, just below the rear mirror, as I use the phone as my SatNav. I always use my phone in...
26
26

Gorilla Glue failure
Let's be fair, it may not be the glue. It could be the user - me. he items glued together are the ends of the arm of a cast alluminium patio chair. One of six. The arm is bolted at the bottom to the...
10
10

Decent smart device control app ?
Following on from my purchase of a Smart thermostat last year, it's now going to need to earn it's keep a SWMBO will need to control it when I'm out at work. (We'll quietly forget she could message me...
12
12

Reviving a mobility scooter - WWYD ?
Past 4 years haven't been brilliant, finances wise. So we've really shaved our lifestyle to the bone. However, with my bagging a decent job now (because talent will out) we are looking towards being...
27
27

cheapest useful outdoor laser lavel
no massive working distance required. 5-10m ?
12
12

Quality of Vonhaus tools?
I'd ideally go for Makita but that be a younger man's investment strategy.
22
22

Alarm clocks
Set to repeat Monday to Friday. And I forgot to turn it off for today:-(
8
8

a bit OT: Will a 78 rpm record damage a normal stylus?
Weirdly I found an old 78rpm record of Harry Gordon stuffed under a hedge this morning whilst out for a run. I have a conventional record deck and wondered about playing it once at 45 rpm and...
52
52

OT: iOS 14.4.2
Any one know what this latest update has done. I just got a message this morning to power up again to complete the installation and no details, must admit it all looks as before? Richard
4
4

WD My Cloud upgrade to OS5
Has anyone got one of these ?. I was nagged into upgrading to OS5 and WD did warn that it would not be possible to go back to the original release because of the indexation changes. Now it just sits...

The Wiki Returns
ok, at long last it's back: have migrated to the most recent version - so some things may look subtly different - but it ought to be pretty much as it was. The same extensions are there as before, so...
8
8

Double glazing, approximate cost, recommendations?
We are considering getting our (N. London) flat's windows double glazed, here's a picture of the flat from the outside, all our windows are on this side. flat is the lower one of the two duplex flats...
34
34

OT: Stackoverflow today
Try copying/pasting something from stackoverflow this morning.
5
5

12v LED spot replacement
I have a lot of these 12v MR16 ceiling mounted spots and a stack of bulbs to fit them, but the one at the top of the stairwell went and that is a ladder to reach, so I thought a long life LED might do...
24
24

OT: Fredxx was right all along.
Hi all, I've decided today to come clean and admit, in public, that Fredxx was right all along and that my whole vegan lifestyle thing was a lie. 'Of course' I like having animals slaughtered for me...
48
48