Subject Author Posted Replies

Switch question ...
Hi all. Has anyone seen / used a 'light' switch that is just momentary rather than latching like a normal switch ? I'm sure that somewhere in the dim distant past, I have seen something that looks...
35
35

OT; Moving house
Our move is progressing rapidly, but I've only ever moved house once before, so it's all new to me. We get a completion date, say that's Monday the 1th of Beruary. AAUI, we all have to move out by...
20
20

OT Olympic football
well, that was a waste of time us entering, wasn't it :-( tim
11
11

uswitch gotchas
I'm looking at using uswicth to change gas supplier. I don't want to play this game but just had another hike in my direct debit to brit gas - so thought I see if switching words (ie results in...
9
9

Drill bit meets hidden flex
I put a drill through the wall into the garage yesterday and hit a flex that had been buried in the garage ceiling and which ran between the security light and the PIR that feeds it. The fuse on the...
14
14

Another two towers down at Thorpe Marsh power station
I knew two were coming down this morning but I was mislead about the time. As I pulled up at my friends house 4 miles from the cooling towers we heard the first one fall at 5.50am:-( We raced through...
7
7

Triton shower pressure relief valve
I have a Triton Aquatronic 2 Ultra electric shower where the pressure relief valve has operated. I can see that the device can be removed from the shower and is listed as a replaceable part. It may be...
3
3

Bostin day for Team GB.
9 medals today puting us 3rd behind Murica and the Chinks. Oh yea, ozzie cobbers down at 19.

Cleaning Helibond Grout
I'm just about to do a bit of brick stitching using the Helifix kit (Screwf= ix 34894). Since I'm doing it a bit at a time, I need to be able to clean = the tools (especially the gun provided) to...

Leather top desk
The leather is badly torn - computer monitor and printer go on it, then get moved around, and the leather has torn. It probably wasn't well enough glued down. There are loads of people offering...
5
5

How to fix an oven and start an argument
Not my argument. A simple oven failure. A blown element. All I said to the couple was "I'll fix it now if you go and fetch the part" I then spent ages explaining where the shop was that sold the part....
23
23

heat reflective tape
Need heat reflective tape to protect worktop cutout from hob. Any difference between this (apart from the prices which seem to be back to front) Simon....
3
3

And you thought I was mad for using petrol in the garden
Firefighters responded to an explosion at a house in Mosgiel, New Zealand. The explosion was so forceful that it shot a candle from the home into a car across the street -- smashing it through its...
10
10

Drain clearing
The basin in the bathroom empties more slowly every week, but I'm not sure how to go about freeing it up. The pipework has a P-trap and a couple of inaccessible bends in the area of the basin, then a...
17
17

Buying non-standard-sized windows & building regs.
I need to buy three non-standard sized (960mm x 1290mm) replacement windows for my house. Can anyone recommend a good-value supplier? I may opt for upvc or timber, depending on cost. I am also trying...
26
26