plasterer quotes

would a plasterer invited to quote for an already pboarded out job, expect to supply and fix his own corner beads, scrim all the joints etc as part of his esteemed quote?

put another way - would the person employed to supply & fit the pboards (but not skim them) realistically want to be involved in supplying & fitting corner beads, scrim etc - as (at least in part) they are critical to the final finish....

I foresee potential for a load of "not me was him" finger point/ blaming bullshit here....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Scrim and beading is used when the plastering is done, not when the boards are put up.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In my experience, the right man will do whatever it takes to do the job (assuming he wants the job). He might warn beforehand that some feature of the existing work could cause some kind of problem, then you can decide.

Reply to
GMM

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

I agree with the scrim but I've put corner beads on at the same time as boarding to get the flats secured under the boards.

Reply to
fred

Yes. I think he'd be very surprised if presented with anything other than the bare boards.

Reply to
pcb1962

Sounds odd, that would leave the corner of the bead below the surface of the board, which is a bit pointless.

Reply to
pcb1962

It was in days of yore. Scrim these days is sticky and is put on before the plastering is commenced. Much quicker and easier. Always a debatable issue who does what. Should be specified at the time of the quote. In writing.

Reply to
harry

A new roll of scrim is sticky, but it's not after it's been in a plasterer's bag for 10 minutes, and no plasterer relies on this. It's applied with a trowel loaded with plaster to make sure it's fully coated in plaster, and hence during the plastering, and not during the plasterboarding.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

agreed, it also has a habit of falling off "overnight" if not plastered ASAP.

I have seen an alleged "pro" plasterer apply self adhesive scrim and then looked like he'd PVA'd over to stop it falling off whilst other work was carried on - mmm presume he was on an hourly rate then.....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

"should be" "could be" "would be"