Subject Author Posted Replies

UPVC door bowed
Several months ago, we had a new UPVC door fitted at the front, then another new one fitted at the rear as part of the job of having all of the windows replaced too. Two different installers. The...
15
15

Odd surface trunking
A tenant has broken a 2-gang surface box but from a quick look it seems to have a short length of trunking attached that goes down to the skirting (to cover the cables). It's a Crabtree box but I...
4
4

Laptop funny
I've got a weird problem on my laptop. Which likely isn't anything to do with it. I read a number of forums, and one of them, the Rover SD1 Club, has changed to much smaller font size than the others,...
15
15

wood for exterior(ish) use...
I asked a question about lime render and s/s expanded mesh a few weeks ago,= as I'm replacing the exterior render between two bay windows, which is woo= den studwork really. Now a new problem. The...
1
1

What is this clip
These: show the brine wastepipe connection at the back of my water softener. There's a plastic right-angle, with a bright white flexible soft-plastic pipe held firm on it by the metal clip. 1) What...
24
24

SSE's justification for the 9% hike in electricity charges
"Thank you for your recent email about our price increase. I am sorry you have had cause to contact us in these circumstances and I hope that my explanation will go some way to restoring your faith in...
55
55

Life is good
I have just given the ex gf a good seeing to and then to make things perfect I found out that there is a new series of Red Dwarf in starting in October.
16
16

Neil Armstrong
http://www.jumbojoke.com/the_benefit_of_experience.html
11
11

Conservatory/verandah new roof - planning permission?
Subject prolly been covered before. It's about 17' x 9' against the rear wall of the bungalow, polycarb roof with typical bowing of the support bars. The 17' is all uPVC windows + a door. Besides it...
3
3

Handrail convention?
Is there an 'accepted' side on which to fit a handrail to stairs? I'm talking about a stairway with a wall both side, rather than one side open with a bannister rail. My logic is to fit it on the...
25
25

Any ideas for putting a washing machine motor to good use?
Having recently scrapped my 30-year-old Zanussi washing machine, I stripped it for potentially re-usable parts. The part with the greatest potential is the motor, but I've no idea what to use it for!...
41
41

"Yellowing" brilliant white gloss - any solution?
In common with many others, I've recently experienced severe yellowing of white gloss paintwork, within weeks of application. All due to the reduction of VOCs in 2010 legislation. I have some more...
9
9

Short exposure?
Thought some of you may appreciate this one: http://www.ted.com Ramesh Raskar presents femto-photography, a new type of imaging so fast it visualizes the world one trillion frames per second, so...
3
3

wiki: Neon
Input welcome NT ==Neon indicator lamp== [[image:Neon |right|200px]] These tiny lights are used as indicators. They've been replaced by LEDs in modern electronics, but are still useful for mains power...
47
47

RIP Neil Armstrong
112