Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping TNP re gridwatch
There was an insert in todays Le Temps talking about 'renewables', and one article appeared to claim that we have some 7.4GW of installed wind now. Written by one Tim Probert (who he? - Ed) I quote:...
7
7

Carpet & underlay
Hi guys, I have a question about lifting and refitting carpet. We changed our living room carpet a couple of years ago to a nice thick one but made the mistake of not changing the underlay to a higher...
9
9

Mobile Phone _ Atomatic Network (Carrier) or not
Hi All, I bought an Iphone 4 (on O2) a while back and am having problems with coverage, often have no coverage showing, in settings it was set to Automatic for the network, Is it a good idea to change...
19
19

Like-for-Like Drive Replacement - the Rules
Hi all In discussion with ARW yesterday, he mentioned a point regarding drive replacement/resurfacing. From the dim and distant past, I think this sounded familiar. If you intend to lay a new...
12
12

Where the Germans fear to tread
Well the beeb* WOULD emphasise that wouldn't they? *That well known Guardian Alter Ego.
13
13

Programmable Wireless Room thermostats - low(er) cost
I've always used Honeywell CM67 wireless programmable room thermostats in the past, but notice that there are some far cheaper products on the market such as Salus, Danfoss, Timeguard. I'm in the...
20
20

underfloor heating time constant
A tenant of my boss's is kicking up about the gas fired underfloor heating, he keeps on fiddling with the program which basically has 6 time settings and I had left it to drop to 15C from 9:00 to...
13
13

Resurrection persons.
I was going to say resurrection men but of course that is sexist. And I am not sexist. I don't like anyone, regardless of what sex they are. Revive those old NiCd batteries...! Please note that the...

Cold radiator - help with diagonosis
Converted the garage last March (into a bedroom) and extended the central heating system to provide a single radiator in it (off a combi boiler). Tested, and everything was fine. Finally put the...
17
17

Flexibles with Plain Pipe Ends
Hi all One of my colleagues was asking what these flexibles were made for specifically. He had seen flexible connectors with compression fittings one end and just a plain 50mm long 15mm o/d pipe-type...
2
2

Saw horse for use with chain saw
Anyone got any recommendations for a saw horse to hold logs for cutting with a chain saw? Seen a cheap one at Amazon with mixed reviews, and some more expensive ones. The cheap one seems to be...
25
25

linea toilet seat loose
Hi, I?ve recently had this toilet (with 'soft close seat', from Eastbrook) installed in my bathroom however the seat has become loose. There is very limited access behind and underneath and I can feel...
1
1

Lidl firework recall
In case anyone here has planned on a DIY fireworks display, and have already bought some from Lidl, one of their range "Aquila" has been recalled because "there is a risk of the firework exploding at...
17
17

OT Using air con units for heating
We are renting a small apartment in Spain until next summer and have a space heating choice of electric oil filled convector heaters or Panasonic invertor AC units CS & CU RE12JKE-1 Anyone know...
23
23

Hoover (Candy) DF967 Heater
Follow up to earlier thread. I removed the control board and saw what appeared to be signs of heating and possibly a dry joint at the connections to a relay. However, No improvement. Still no power to...
3
3