Heating is back on...

we have had our wood burner going several nights this week burning chopped pallets.

And the gas boiler has kicked in several times this week too.

Reply to
Stephen H

It's been switched off for around 2 weeks now but we couldn't bear the cold any longer!

Anyone else got their heating on in the middle of May?

Reply to
gremlin_95

Yes.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yep.

Reply to
Huge

It's been on since last autumn!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Mine's on all year

Reply to
stuart noble

Never switch it off, let the room stat take care of it. This being an old solid stone place if you let it get cold it takes days (literally) to warm back up...

The woodburner has been fired up, after a couple of weeks rest, to reduce the amount of oil being burnt. Snowing again today but not settling at our level but Crossfell went gone decidedly grey with larger white patches(*). Yesterday or was it Monday morning it was fully white. Daffs are in full bloom, they didn't start until well into the first week of May. The early trees are just starting to break bud.

(*) Some of the winter snow is still lying and a few small areas on Yad Moss remain as well.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Never actually turned mine off - just left the progstat to it ;-)

(its been mostly off, but did kick in a couple of mornings recently - but running at a very low flow temp (39 deg C) due to the weather compensator doing its thing).

Reply to
John Rumm

Just to cheer you up, a pal who has a place in the south of Spain and went there a couple of weeks ago reports it's cold there too - and of course the house is poorly insulated, has poor heating, and all their winter clothes are in the UK...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , gremlin_95 writes

Yeah - get yer heating on

this poor boy needs the work

Reply to
geoff

Nope.

Reply to
harry

Just yesterday afternoon. It was colder in the house than during the winter!

Reply to
PeterC

In article , gremlin_95 scribeth thus

Yes, having a female household it has to be a shade on the Tropical side for the poor plants;!(...

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes. And the fire on as well last night. It was down to 5C at one point yesterday evening and snowing on the hills not far away. Visibility was very poor last night and it had all gone again by this morning.

It is bright and sunny warm here today once the sun came up!

Reply to
Martin Brown

Yep. This house always seems to attract the wind at the front, no matter what way it's blowing. I keep the heating on a low setting in non-winter (it doesn't trigger in summer) and it came on for a while yesterday. Went out in shorts and T-shirt yesterday morning and soon regretted it. Snow in Devon, apparently.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

I went out in parka and woolly hat. Regretted that too at about 4 when it became almost springlike in London

Reply to
stuart noble

I never actually switch it off. I let the thermostat do that. Upstairs is on a separate zone and that is switched off permanently except on very cold days.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Turned mine down to 18C a few weeks ago which at this time of year should mean it never comes on. But it was on this morning.

Reply to
djc

I should be off to Italy next week, but the tower is one metre of solid stone, no heating, empty all winter. Current afternoon temp about 15C, so I am not in a great hurry to be on my way.

Reply to
djc

I never turn it off. the controls decide if it needs to actually do anything. The heating has been on in the living area a few times in the morning recently, the sleeping area has not been on.

Reply to
dennis