Subject Author Posted Replies

Fitting new SSD - the day has come
Thanks for all the advice about the SSD. I am starting a new thread as the old one is getting quite lengthy. I now have my SSD (Samsung 870 Evo) and mounting bracket. I plan to leave the OS and...
21
21

Something bleached my trousers
During last week, a few of what apparently look like drips of something got on my trousers in a couple of places and have apparently removed the navy blue colour noticeably. No idea what it might have...
15
15

Another telegraph pole
Much excitement in the Hood today as outreach suddenly arrived with a very short warning then proceeded to hoist out our huge wooden telegraph pole that supplies telephone lines to about six houses...
7
7

Saw it on a school wall today
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/5/5b/Girls.jpg
20
20

Maintaining paint brushes
I have just finished applying primer/undercoat to several doors. The brushes were easily cleaned with just water. I am about to start on the top coat which is a gloss. The instructions say to clean...
12
12

ide/SATA to USB3 box
Like many of us, I have at least six old desktop PCs and various other old hard drives sitting around, and really should see what is on them, and what needs saving. I could fire up each one, but even...
26
26

Flymo EasiCut 6000XT
How do I change the cable in the machine.

HMRC scam
I've just had one of these calls - recorded threatening court action unless I sort this out press one. So I pressed one to give them a mouthful. Daft buggers didn't even have the sense to hide their...
9
9

Best place to put timer on Shower
I want to limit each instance of shower time to 5 minutes max, this is equivalent to 9 pence at the current off peak rate.
19
19

Bad tempered Bathroom Cold Tap (2023 Update)
Its a small terraced house with the old system of supplying the cold water to the upstairs bath, toilet and hand basin from a water tank in the loft. The cold water tap in the basin in the bathroom...
10
10

How to set up Face Unloc on i-phone 7
I bought an iphone 7 from our local phone shop a few months ago. Not the latest model, obviously, but probably quite adequate for my modest needs and not expensive in comparison with the latest...
8
8

Nasty surprise!
We work up to a minor flood in the kitchen this morning. I thought I?d relate the reason - others may like to check their plumbing. Our dishwasher waste is plumbed into the kitchen sink waste - one of...

Profit superSedes energy saving.
I was hoping to have my electric meter turned off at reasonable cost while I was away from my flat for 6 months. Previously I've left my electric towel rail on and a small electric heater but the new...
37
37

OT Why do women do stupid things?
Lou and her stupid mate have booked the caravan into here. they want me to tow it there whilst they drive down in the Viva. FFS. Exhibit - Retrofestival
3
3

Hose for washing machine
I want to move a washing machine and will need a longer inlet hose. Looked at SF and TS - both the same, hoses leaking and splitting. Searching for a high pressure hose, even with exclusions, brings...
12
12