Subject Author Posted Replies

wickes 40mm waste pipe... 43mm
Just wondering about something, Parents are fitting a bath back into the bathroom that was changed into a shower room a few years ago, he needed some waste pipe, so nipped to the local wickes, and...
27
27

Screwing up tiles
Well, sort of... Installing a back to wall bog and having to custom build the boxing in as the easy way (buying a cabinet) doesn't fit the space. The bog and sink will be side by side on this boxing...
7
7

Basic washing machine?
Really? Its name has always been synonymous with "unreliable shite" as far as I can recall. Of course my memory of white goods only goes back to the 1960s, so perhaps you were talking about an earlier...
26
26

R600a in Freezer
Hello! I have been given a freezer (Hotpoint FZ150) that wasn't working properly, (after being turned on for a while, it would lock out and alarm because it was not getting cold enough) - it had the...
9
9

Is this for real?
Not the bit where she admits getting pissed, taking illegal substances and getting laid (any teen who does not do that is odd) but the bit where she gets paid 15k for the job. As for the racist and...
36
36

bosch fridge freezer
Hi, I have a Bosch fridge freezer about 8yrs old, was working perfectly until recently when we moved house. It was'nt bumped, knocked, laid down or anything during the move and was left to settle for...
4
4

Pulley Operated Clothes Line
The wife is moaning about the clothes on the clothes line (20M long), blowing against the hedge (one metre away), in windy conditions. This is mainly due the the line having to be slack to allow her...
7
7

La-z-Boy spares?
I have a inherited an unpowered La-z-Boy recliner. It is in good condition and the leg-raise is fine, but the sliding seat was very stiff. Closer inspection shows that at least one of the 'wheels'...
4
4

SAD light boxes
Seasonal affective disorder on the box last night, so now SO wants one. General consensus seems to be 10,000 lux of broad spectrum, commercial units 30 x 450 mm from £45 to £250. All you seem to...
45
45

Rats!
I spotted two rats using the greenhouse as their residence and the back garden as their playground yesterday. The bird table on top of a 5' piece of 3x3 turned out to be their outdoor dining room. The...
25
25

Positive pressure ventilation
I've been informed that my damp problems are caused by condensation and that a positive pressure ventilator would solve them. This seems to consist of an extractor fan (with or without a heater)...
13
13

sag factor for 2 x 3 timber
Whats the likely sag factor to be for a 2 x 3 inch beam. Outdoors, very little load bearing (apart from wind, couple of plastic sheets) 12 feet length in bog standard pine. My options are. Leave as...
2
2

Sizes of tap washers
I have just bought four tap washers from B&Q. They are made by Plumb SURE and labelled "tap washers 3/4". They are 1" in diameter. Are they wrongly labelled or is it that I don't know how tap washers...
11
11

Bolting-up porcelain
Hi all, I'm just in the process of bolting this new WC bowl (one of the concealed f rame-behind-wall types) to the frame through the tiled plasterboard that co nceals it and was wondering how tight it...
7
7

mutant rat nuclear saboteurs.
4