Subject Author Posted Replies

For those of you who like to see stupid people get hurt
What were they doing at 2:16?
6
6

Roll your own rollerskis
I would like to try rollerskiing, but absolutely cannot handle the off-the-shelf ones. For various reasons, I need ones a couple of metres long, with ratchet wheels on the front and a REAR braking...
14
14

OT Washing machine test
(Link tested using Andy C Νομίζω πως μόλις χάσατε την εγγύηση… Norton Safe Web scans millions of websites to make sure they are safe. Visit Norton Safe Web now to see...
3
3

washing machine will not spin/new electricity meter
Hello, I have a Hotpoint WMA63 washing machine. It was working fine until this morning. Now if I run a program, the water will run into the soap tray and the drum fills with water but the drum will...
14
14

OT: Myth or true
Something I've been told about broadband routers. I unplug the router at the mains if I'm not going to be home all day, then when I return plug it back in again. I've been told that by doing this my...
73
73

Tried to be too clever ...
After discussion here, bought a thumbturn lock for our uPVC front door. Ordered Tuesday, delivered yesterday (sorry, B&Q). Fitted in 1 minute. Slight downside is we need 3 more keys cut ... however...
10
10

D_I_Y American style!
Health and Safety American style! Silo Demolition Sledgehammer Style Biertijd.com // Media » Silo Demolition Sledgehammer Style
33
33

How the hell did the vultures miss this ?
Krauts, eh ? By Paul Homewood   RWE’s new lignite power station opened in Neurath in 2012   Germany’s dash for coal continues apace. Following on the opening of two new coal power stations in...
12
12

OT: Calor Gas
Off topic, but I am hoping someone can help. Would it be safe to keep/transport a Butane Calor gas bottle in a car during day trips? Thanks.
52
52

Automatic line testing? Slightly long but a simple question at the end.
I live 500 metres from an ADSL 2+ exchange. But that is at the other side of the town centre, and I could belive my actual wiring run is longer, also the phone lines in our street (most of the...
16
16

Moisture in double glazing
We have all seen the problem of moisture between double glazing panes but on the cruise ship I have just left there was 2ft of water sloshing about between the panes!
2
2

Kenwood dishwasher problem
We have a Kenwood KDW60W10 dishwasher that threw a wobbly today and came up with error code E1, which according to the manual is a problem with the flow meter. I can get a brand new flow meter for...
2
2

Stair Handrail height
After 20 yrs+ I'm finally getting round to putting a handrail up the stairs for the extension bedroom. Research shows that the authorities think this should be a 'minimum of 900mm from the stair pitch...
5
5

110mm Waste offset ?
I'm fitting a wall mounted wc into my bathroom, using a grohe mounting frame, and I'm puzzled what the best way to deal with the small maybe 35-40mm height difference between the right angle grohe wc...
5
5

coke bottle thread adaptor
I'd like to experiment with using a 2L coke bottle as a pressure vessel but I haven't worked out how best to make a leakproof plumbed connection to the bottle. Does anyone know of an adaptor that...
29
29