Subject Author Posted Replies

No good will come of it.....
Popped into a new build site today to drop off a handful of business cards to the sales office. Got chatting with one of the builders & asked him about walls etc. Outer skin brick, inner skin...
20
20

OT: Kwik Fit
What's the world coming to? I bought 3 new tyres from Kwik-Fit, and their price was significantly better than anyone else I could find, including BlackCircles. Fitting was all done competently, etc....
14
14

OT: Job creation at the jobcentre?
Wonder just how many extra staff will be needed to book in all those on JSA who will now be required to sign in every day? And what about those who can't walk to their sign in place? Will they be...
106
106

Bleach (OT)
Why does Domestos and similar products come in different coloured bottles when the product looks the same?
5
5

Shower tray flexing
I have a quadrant shower installed in an upstairs bathroom, the shower tray is plastic and in my opinion is not properly installed (not by me I might add). long story - but I'm looking to resolve the...
8
8

Cistern fill valve replacement
The flush mechanism on our close coupled WC has begun to fail so I set abou t replacing it, as I have done in another WC in the house, with one of the Fluidmaster button press devices. Not making the...
2
2

OT:Rant about old buildings
Having just returned from a "challenging" weekend with SWMBO at an "exclusive" hotel which involved bumping her wheelchair up and down any number of stupid little 3" little steps between various ares...
15
15

OT: This could make a few windmills redundant
The Triumph V8 engine was pretty unreliable. I had a Stag, but didn't have a problem. Wonderful handling, 17mpg Many Stag engines were changed for the Rover engine which was in fact a Buick and in a...
135
135

Independant heat for one room in the house
We have one cold room in the house - a north facing lounge. When the CH is on for the whole house this room is fine, but this time of the year it is chilly when the rest of the house is warm,...
26
26

Turbogold - snap, and the head is gone!
Although a fan of the turbogold screws from Screwfix I managed to tear the heads off a couple this afternoon. Screw into a wall plug, then try and unscrew and the head comes off instead of the screw...
17
17

Looking for something like a window stay - but not quite
I'm after some adjustable stays for varying the slope (manually on an as needed basis, on a boat) of some solar panels. I imagine them as two pieces of metal bar about 1ft long each with a friction...
7
7

Makita drill driver died
My 14v Site (rebadged Makita) drill driver died today while I was using it - just stopped during use. Haven't taken it apart yet - am I likely to find anything easily replaceable like a fuse?
4
4

New garage door needed:-)
Well the last time I parked my van in there I did not have roof bars on the van...... My Mum thinks it's a conspiracy between me and my Dad as he wanted a new door and she told him that there was...
24
24

fernox f6
Hi, Whilst browsing the BES web site, I saw that Fernox now make an F6 "energy saver" additive, which claims to improve heat transfer efficiency. The fernox web site does not give any further details....
5
5

underfloor heating questions
Hello, I have pretty much decided to have wet UFH in new extensions to kitchen & d ining room. 1. Although they will be part of a larger single kitchen-diner, they are no t directly adjacent. Would 2...
3
3