Subject Author Posted Replies

Central heating system with no thermostat
Can't find a thermostat anywhere in my bungalow which puzzles me. The heating system is only about 20 years old (as is the house), oil fired boiler, TRVs on all the rads except the one in the hall....
22
22

OT Lonely Planet says Yorkshire 'one of top global places'
FFS.
28
28

Ot. Generstor
Just been out and bought a small petrol generator. (Machine Mart) Big enough to cover the freezers if we have a prolonged power outage. Seems possible this Winter. And maybe for a few years more.
44
44

Kenwood Chef speed control
My previously reliable Kenwood mixer (KM300) has just decided that it has only one speed - fast. I've googled, but haven't been able to find any on-line diagrams of its internals. Could anyone here...
8
8

chickens eggs and tap washers
Are all basin and kitchen tap washers the same size? ive got the four most used taps all dripping and its time to bite the bullet and replace the washers, but what size are they? I'd ratheehr not take...
14
14

How to repair an Addis Superdry floor mop
I've bought at least three Addis Superdry mops in the last 15 years. They work well, but are prone to rusting between the handle tube and the sponge holder, whereupon the tub snaps off and the mop is...
21
21

protecting MDF screw holes from stripping
Hi Chaps I am going to be removing the fixings (hinges, drawer runners, etc) fro m an MDF wardrobe prior to painting shortly. For 'domestic acceptibility' r easons I can see me having to refit and...
26
26

Central heating on yet?
About a month ago people were speculating about when they might need to turn on the CH again. Still not on here (Suffolk) although there is a big difference between back and front of the house. Back...
12
12

OT - OVO Energy Prices - Double Standards
Chief Executive on Breakfast TV today, extolling their virtues and how transparent, cheap and green they are compared to the big six. A few lies there, for a start obscene standing charges for gas of...
19
19

Water level sensors in dishwashers
Hi, Dishwasher's gone wrong - it's in "emergency pump out mode", where the pump runs all the time even with the door open. It's a Bosch Logixx - about 10 years old. I'm probably not going to repair it...
24
24

Water Butt
Ages ago I bought this huge rain butt from ebay for, literally, pennies. In spite of all sorts of problems and rain, I finally made a wooden stand for it and rushed in between showers to plumb it into...
24
24

OT: TV choice
Anyone bought a new TV recently? Want one at least 45" with enough inputs. Haven't kept up with the market so could do with some guidance. I already have a Humax HD PVR which does I-player, etc. so...
48
48

fireback and throat width question
Hi - a quick question about throat width for an open fireplace, which according to regs (doc J) should be 10-12cm. I'm using a 22" wide fireback. Nobody seems to sell a throat-forming lintel for a...

fireback and flue throat question
Hi - a quick question about throat width for an open fireplace, which according to regs (doc J) should be 10-12cm. I'm using a 22" wide fireback, for which unfortunately nobody seems to sell a...

Fence Advice
So the fence came down at the weekend in the wind... Not unexpected at is was just screwed into the top course of bricks on a low wall (previous owner of this place was something of a bodger!). The...
20
20