Re: Individual remote switched power strip

Very clunky. Already have some remote switched single sockets (three for a fiver or so from Asda).

Ouch, £70 odd quid for the two (I'm assuming the remote is not extra as well). The Asda clunky solution suddenly has rather more appeal. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I made a 5-socket one from a 19" rack mounting 13A socket unit about

> 10 years ago. Have been in need of more remote switched sockets for > a year or so, and made a 6-socket one last weekend. I haven't made > the control line isolation unit for the second one yet (mine are wired, > not wireless).

Really needs to be wireless. Making is an option, I've half toyed with the idea of putting the guts of four plugin unit's into something. I don't like that all that much four receivers all on when all you need is a single 4 channel receiver.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Overkill, but you could adapt one of these...

Mike Barnes

My experience of these is not good. I find they lose their setting for no obvious reason and need their switching channel to be reset.

Reply to
Capitol

I know it's a while since this was posted but I only stumbled on this recently but it does seem to fit the bill.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky