Subject Author Posted Replies

Potterton Netaheat 10/16 controller burnt?
Hi all, I got a call tonight from an elderly neighbour we keep an eye on, saying her boiler hadn't come on (and her laptop won't come on either). This is the same one who needed a new CH pump, basic...
49
49

Reducing condensation in shipping container
We have two containers for storing equipment at Scouts. We suffer from condensation in one of them and even when I finish insulating the ceiling I think it will be a problem. I am thinking of an...
17
17

Fire extinguishers
I am looking for help for the Church. We currently have our fire extinguishers provided and service by a well known maker of locks and safes! Every year they try to convince us we need more...
13
13

Insulation report - a bit long
So another gas bill arrived today, giving me a chance to assess the impact of a few minor energy saving measures on the house. In summary, since the same quarter last year, I have done some...
4
4

Waterproof spacer for shower door ?
Slight screw-up ... Built an alcove shower in an en-suite ... to fit an 800 x 1200 tray. As I was using waterproof (Respatex) panels, I built the walls to be a tight fit against sides of tray ........
5
5

OT If there really is a Hell
Then I know how I well spend eternity. It will be on a return journey from work on the underground with an apprentice that is attempting to do the Evening Standard easy crossword. First of all he...
20
20

Pillar Drill problems Part 2 with question.
Previously the options where explored for attaching 3 spoke handle to shaft. I'm going to go with two grub screws. I have an M5 tap and have ordered some M5 grub screws. So my question is what size...
4
4

Source of 15mm piezo element sounder
I'm looking for a small piezo element sounder (for a GPS watch) that's 15mm in diameter. I'd normally just order from ebay for something like this but there doesn't seem to be anything that small in...
5
5

Latest equipment acquisition...
Can you guess what it's for? :-) Keraiz Revolutionary material for baking provides a non stick easy to clean finish | Withstands temperatures from -40° to -220° c | Microwave proof | Ovenproof,...
33
33

Power cuts
In the 25 years I lived in my last house in southern suburbia I can count the number of times the lecky went out on the fingers of one heavily mutilated hand. Since moving to the middle of feckin...
107
107

Always check your order carefully.
Hi all, I finished running in the last of a 25m reel of 1.5mm T&E cable I bought at the weekend today. It took a few hours, even though I was just blasting through the first fix, because there were...
15
15

Repair options for child's wooden playhouse
Hi all I'm viewing a s/hand childs' wooden playhouse tomorrow with a view to buying it for the younger offspring. It's a bit hard to tell with the photos I have available but I think it is a basically...
1
1

drylining fixing
Hi I am interior drylineing useing xtratherm thermal liner, onto a stone walled house. I have rendered with waterproof additive onto the stone, now I need to attach the board, I have seen expanding...
3
3

Double glazing unit problem
You may remember a recent post of mine when I asked about possible d-i-y remedies for the internal misting up of a large double glazed panel following the 14th February storms. I decided to contact my...
37
37

Changing 120v AC to 240V
Bought a bit of audio gear from the US at a decent price even allowing for carriage. Guessed it might be 110v - but it is actually marked 120v 60Hz. Looking inside, it has an analogue power supply - I...
35
35