Subject Author Posted Replies

old stamps
getting them off tody £30 worth
34

Bog Standard
Discussing over dinner the WCs we have known and loved (as one does) the conversation turned to a new-build house we visited in Derbyshire. The downstairs WC and hand basin seem to be coupled. The WC...
21
21

Internet radio receiver.
Something like a stand-alone separates unit for a Hi-Fi, or is it just best to stick with an android tablet plugged into the amp? Any operational gotchyas with them? All internet radio stations...
9
9

Grain-end wooden flooring.
Hello, Anyone got any experience with it? Is it as simple as getting some nice oak (or whatever) and cutting it into slices yourself? (I'd leave it to dry / acclimatise before laying). Any particular...
22
22

windoze 11
just bought a imaculate second hand hp elete 8300 ultra slim desktop 6gig sd ram 500 gb hdd with psu for £25 at a car boot sale in Glasgow today knock off ? ... ....think it was a bargain but it came...
69
69

Wiper adjustment
Both my front wipers are clattering into the left side. There is about an inch to spare on the right side. Is this an easy adjustment to make or is a trip to the garage needed?
11
11

Cavity Insulation
I am thinking about cavity insulation. As i understand it, it is forced into the cavity under pressure. How is that done so as not to bridge the damp-proof course, both laterally and vertically? What...
18
18

OT: Expert fail
where they found this “expert” to debunk these “electric rocks” but I think his theory that the sparks being produced in the first video are static electricity is simply ludicrous. Since when...
13
13

Yahoo Mail junk
I have configured some Freegle groups I follow to send me an email notification to my Yahoo address for every posting. The trouble is that most of them are considered spam by Yahoo and sent to that...
1
1

image search
is from the front cover of The Pengun Book of French Stories. It looks familiar to me yet Google picture search can'tidentify it. Reminds me of the Odalisque by Ingres but its not that Anyone...
4
4

A real DIY question
I have a flat which was converted, along with the others in the same building, by somebody who was not into doing things the proper way. The remaining item in my flat is the fact that the bath was not...
24
24

OT: Sponsored walk for prostate cancer
My missus will be joining an organised walk up Snowdon to raise money for prostate cancer, if you've spare pennies (I know you have) please consider sponsoring her, link below, thanks in advance.
11
11

Bubble wrap/gel pouches ?
SWMBO is still recovering from a nasty ulcer and is now into negative pressure wound therapy. AKA a pump that goes off every so often to help healing. Trying to sleep with it, the noise isn't too bad....
9
9

Worrying noises from loft conversion
A few years ago I had a (timber framed) loft conversion added to my sixties semi-detached bungalow. The ceiling above the rear of the bungalow was completely rebuilt to become also the floor of the...
71
71

plastic bumper repair staples
Dear all, over the last few years I have done variious repairs on the plastic mudguard of my trials bike using stainless steel mesh and a big soldering iron/heat gun. I have been looking at hot...
4
4