Zones in a wet room

I have just been trying to work out the (electrical) zones for our wet room and I'm finding it a bit difficult.

The fundamental difficulty is that I can't really see how one decides (for Zone 2) what is "... beyond zones 0&1, extends 60cm horizontally and ..." as there is no well defined 'edge' of the shower. This really carries on from "Zone 0 - The interior of the bath or shower", the shower doesn't have an 'interior', there isn't even a shower curtain.

Is there some sort of conventional 'size of a shower' which is a defined horizontal distance from the shower head?

Reply to
Chris Green

The regs provide a different rule for showers without a tray: Zone 0 is

10 cm up and 1.2m out from a fixed shower head. Zone 1 same radius with height as for other showers. See eg

Robin

It is{1] a certain distance from the shower *fixed outlet* where the flexible pipe for the shower head screws in. Hard to convince our electrician, but that was the rule, at least a few years ago.

[1] I haven't actually checked the current 18th edition of the regs, our shower room was built under the 17th edition.
Reply to
Roger Hayter

Excellent, thank you, I thought there must be some sort of rule for this situation but I couldn't find it. I think the shower installer may have know it because the shower head (and drain) are just nicely more than 1.2m from the opposite wall so my heater mounted on the opposite wall *is* outside zone1.

Reply to
Chris Green

Zones in a bathroom? Mad! Might as well ban bathrooms.

Reply to
Max Demian