Zircon Electronic Multi Material Scanner -QVC

Hello, folks

quick query - is this :

Zircon Electronic Multi Material Scanner

Item Number 553241

QVC Price £49.66

UK Postage & Packaging £3.45

The zircon scanner which appears to be the only useful pipe/wire/stud finder, or is it something else.

And if so, is the price reasonable, please?

I'm not bothered about the very best price, it's easy to deal with this bunch (whispers - don't tell anyone, I've got an account)

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Nope that is the one (or should that be that is the range).

I have a Zircon Triscanner Pro that I am very pleased with - not sure how that compares to the one your list, but I would guess the one you list is a higher spec model.

Could be. I think the one I got was about 39 from RS. Plus 5 quid for delivery etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm wrote in news:42b583ae$0$2057 $ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net:

Thanks, John. I'll try to compare them.

Sorry I couldn't give a link, not idleness, it's inside a frame, and I couldn't make my browser go to it.

mike

Reply to
mike ring

When I posted earlier the RS site was down, but it is back now...

The Multiscanner (product number 493-3358) does indeed seem like a higher spec version. It has an LCD display and also projects a beam of light to indicate the location of the edges and centre of the thing you are detecting. This I would guess makes marking the position of what you are looking for a bit simpler. The Triscanner pro as an LED bargraph type of arrangement that you use to judge where things are - but then mark the position based on a line on the case.

If you follow the "Tech Info" links on the RS detail pages you get to some PDFs that give a fair bit more detail.

Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm wrote in news:42b60934$0$2407 $ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net:

Thanks, John, I found the RS site was down.

I don't need anything all that spectacular, just funtional, I hate wasting monmey on non-starters.

I'll have a look at RS later, got to go out now.

(TBH I thought they were a bit of a hassle, have to have accounts, etc, and now Maplin are all around me so it's not so hard to get bits...

mike

Reply to
mike ring

No - you can set up instant registration with RS and pay by credit card. Their service is usually pretty quick.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You don't need an account for RS anymore - just order on the web site.

Reply to
John Rumm

'Pretty quick', in my experience (several orders a month, over a number of years) comes out as 'I can't remember them *ever* not delivering all items they said were in-stock next day, and the number of out-of-stock-at-central-warehouse items in all that time has been maybe

5'. It helps that I'm within a few miles of one of their trade counters, and that my employer does enough business with them that they do a delivery run up to our place every mid-morning once they've had their delivery from their main warehouse in Corby. Stock levels at the trade counter, though, aren't nearly as impressive - I've learned only to expect the most common things to be available over the counter; but again, I can't fault them in getting whatever's not there for 09:30 the next morning.

You pay a premium for those levels of stockholding, mind... but with the delivery being that reliable, it does mean your own stock of piece parts can be pretty minimal.

Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba