Zanussi Oven problem

Think our Zanussi is playing up, model number ZBF 860 X. On two occasions now it has tripped and gone off (tripped itself, not a breaker on the CU). After a couple of minutes it comes back on.

I am guessing the thermostat is at fault and the oven is getting too hot, then the thermal trip is kicking in.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Can anyone recommend a good supplier of parts?

TIA

Reply to
Slider

search uk.diy for "electric fan oven cutting out resetting"

Reply to
jim

Thanks, will have a look. Did you sort your problem?

Reply to
Slider

not had a chance to yet! oven "limping" along OK at less than 225 deg C for now let me know how you get on cheers Jim

Reply to
jim

finally fixed up - my fan was not choked up - seems to have been insulation being misplaced over the thermostat - effectively working as a duvet, restricting the fan's air flow over the thermostat so tripping out too soon. Just had it upto 275 deg c and all is back to normal!

Have you had a look at yours yet? Cheers Jim

Reply to
jim

Hi Jim

Not looked at mine as yet, although need to asap as it tripped out last night when the oven was set to 200 deg c!! Did you sort yours yourself? Do you have the same oven? Could you post a how-to please?

Reply to
Slider

hi yep it wasn't difficult in the end.....fingers crossed!

Mine is a De Dietrich double oven (also I believe Brandt do a version

- judging by spares inter-availablility). Briefly what I did was:-

1) Google a lot for info on the fault quoting oven name/model symptoms; 2) Google for parts for the oven to see what it might be and how much they were; 3) Ask on here for some tips/ideas about what it might be; 4)Isolate oven from Mains! Take back off; Inspect cooling fan (i.e. not the one *In* the oven that cooks food - the one that cools the case and the electronics :>)); One tip suggested the fan may be gummed up with grease and dust/fluff reducing its' colling ability - however that was not the case on mine; Minor lateral thinking about what that fan does and visually inspect the "overheat thermostats" (from 2 &3); Noticed oven insulation was covering the lower oven stat - so tucked insulation out of way to allow cooling fan draught to waft over it. Put hand up and admit it was probably me that messed it up when replacing fan element recently!! Crossed fingers; Put back together; Switch on to high temp; Put kettle on; Observe what happens; Smile and pat self on back; Post result on here so some future unfortunate might make use; Job done!

cheers Jim

Reply to
jim

Cheers Jim - will have a look.