Z Bar Garden gate

If I?m building a wooden gate for the garden, approx 1.9M high made out of 44x118 mm soft pine, with a Z bar across the back of the gate. What is the chance the main planks will warp in the weather and how do I stop this. i.e. should I use Tung and Grove ?

Thanks

Reply to
no name

You might be better off using western red cedar instead of pine...

Reply to
Rumble

Any idea where i can find this info, none of the plans on the internet appear to state this information Thanks

Reply to
no name

use T&G v jointed for a decorative effect - iirc 19 x 100mm, more than enough for the job. 44mm thick seems a bit OTT when it is braced. Alternatively arrange with end grain rings) all in the same direction and screw close to the edge

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Race