Z Bar Garden gate

If I?m building a wooden gate for the garden, approx 1.9M high made out
of 44x118 mm soft pine, with a Z bar across the back of the gate.
What is the chance the main planks will warp in the weather and how do I
stop this. i.e. should I use Tung and Grove ?
Thanks
Reply to
no name
Any idea where i can find this info, none of the plans on the internet appear to state this information Thanks
Reply to
no name
use T&G v jointed for a decorative effect - iirc 19 x 100mm, more than enough for the job. 44mm thick seems a bit OTT when it is braced. Alternatively arrange with end grain rings) all in the same direction and screw close to the edge
Malcolm
Reply to
Malcolm Race

Site Timeline Threads