You own hydro electrics ?

Does it store electric?

What is the power output ?

It can take a few hours to charge some of my batteries. Do I have to stand at the river bank for all this time ?

Streuth a few answers to the bleeding obvious would be a big help

Reply to
fred

Battery capacity 5000mAh

From the generator 5W, but it mentions 2A USB port, so 10W from the battery.

I'm sure with a nice video a pink unicorn that farts rainbows would find backers on kickstarter

Reply to
Andy Burns

How does this improve over a solar panel?

Tim Watts

Works at night?

Reply to
F Murtz

If you have a convenient river, thermal extraction for space heating has some good points: 24 hour operation, relatively low tec. device, low visual impact, displaces other fuels and some electricity.....

Now if only I could convince the EA.....

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The elephant in the room with that is the cost of running a heat exchange pump. I've heard a few horror stories.

Reply to
fred

heh heh Down in one of the Channel Isles they had a water wheel on a stream running to the sea that as far as I could see just ran a small illuminated sign. Of course that was many years ago. brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

For some reason it states a maximum of 4hrs use per day so you only need your waders for 4 hrs.

Reply to
dennis

You can put it under the kitchen tap and charge your phone for "free".

Reply to
dennis

Why mess around with hydropower when you can have a butane powered fuel cell?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

'To be delivered Feb 2016'........

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Currently delayed by stupid legal argument over whether "kraftwork" (German for "power plant") is a copyrighted name. Besides, who's in a hurry? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

After four hours the battery is disharged and the 5W of power presumably drops to the odd mA or so that the rotor would produce.

Not sure what the "line Voltage" is needed for, if the thing is so enviromentally friendly will it blow up if plugged into a fossil generated power source?.

It suggests the blurb has been cut and pasted from a genuine product of some description.

It would no doubt make a nice accompaniment to the dashboard mounted car bettery chargers so beloved of the true believer.

HN

Reply to
hugh neary

Isn't the problem that it will cool the river and destroy ingenious wildlife that lives in it.

Reply to
alan_m

Probably the generator is so inefficient that it gets too hot in use.

Reply to
alan_m

Well , Yes, for a low , low cost ;-)

Adam Aglionby

/Isn't the problem that it will cool the river and destroy ingenious wildlife that lives in it. /q

If it's really ingenious it'll adapt.....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Certainly something they would consider. Lots of industrial sites are found on the banks of relatively small streams. If they all took out enough energy for their space heating.....

My particular stream benefits from the output of treated sewage at Luton so warmer than most:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

If the wildlife is that ingenious, I am sure it will find a way out...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher