Reply to
The Other Mike

and its gonna snow says SWMBO..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

17:20

57287 MW

658MW from wind

Easily biggest demand of the winter, prediction was for 57087 MW at

18:00
Reply to
The Other Mike

57.45GW...

645MW...

and still rising..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

..and an OCGT just came online..

Ouch!

and we are STILL feeding a gig and a half to France, presumably to keep Germany from blacking out..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And for the first time EVER 'OTHER' is pushing out 600MW plus..that's really..unusual..emergency stuff. Diesels and the like

I reckon they misread the demand peak by almost a Gigawatt and the big oil burners couldn't be brought on in time.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Highest I can see was 57513 MW at 17:30

631 MW from wind

235 MW OCGT

Bugger all on the French interconnector now, and 218MW from NL

Reply to
The Other Mike

Not far off, the Market Imbalance for period 34: 588 MW today, -325 MW yesterday, a 913MW shortfall.

The system price at 17:00 was just under 110 quid a MWh - it was just under 160 quid on Tuesday at 2pm.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Is this realtime? It shows more than 56GW.

Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Well, just installed on the lappy... one minor 'gotcha' I found is that there's no global plugins directory by default (was there in 9.x?) as there was with 8.x and previous. Creating one & copying plugins used with previous release seems to work just fine - but it has me wondering if things haven't changed and there's not some more 'official' place to put global plugins in v10.

Other than that it seems to work well, but I've not really tried to seriously stress it yet. Installation painless, just the usual tar extraction, moving and creating a link.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

More or less peter..up to ten minutes delayed

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

When they do that, it ought to be the Holland/France/Ireland connectors that are paying the top whack rate ... but I bet it doesn't work that way.

Reply to
Andy Burns

A lot of French people rely on electric heating in cold weather. At this time of year France IMPORTS electricity, sometimes up to 5GW.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

depends if they bought forward I suppose?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Umm ... where from?...

Reply to
tony sayer

JOOI was the Coal and CCGT dials set at 25 so as to be the top indication of what these sources could provide as such?.

Or is there greater capacity than what they indicate?...

Reply to
tony sayer

Used to be Germany, until they shut eight nukes and lost 8GW of capacity at the jerk of knee. When they did that *in the summer* they went from nett exporters of power to nett importers...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I don't know about this year but according to:

"French homes rely heavily on electric heating with around a third of domestic users equipped, against only around 5 percent in Germany,"

and

"French homes consume the most between 1800 and 1900 GMT during the winter when users return from work and between 1100 and 1200 GMT during the summer when air conditioning demand is in full swing.

"During these peak demand periods France imports electricity generated by fossil-fuel plants, especially from Germany."

Given that Germany is closing its nuclear stations it will need all the fossil-fuel plants for itself. It's a bit of an impasse really.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

FF 11.0a2 (Aurora) seems even better, (only tried it on W7 though) whether it stays like that of course...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

They import it from us instead.