York stone slabs

I would like to replace some broken slabs in an old (1920s?) terrace.

The existing ones are york stone about 3ft x4ft and 2 1/2" thick. Most of the things i can find are much smaller. The terrace is q large and as the weathered stone looks great i do not want to replace the whole thing only the 5 broken slabs, but I am willing to use new or reclaimed (I am prepared to wait for weathering. The existing slabs are smooth faced and probably originally a slight pinky hue.

Any advice on where to source these much appreciated.

Best wishes

Nick (Cambridge, UK)

--

Reply to
Nick Holmes

reclaimed (I am prepared to wait for weathering.

Take a trip to Solopark Nick (down past Sawston, junction A 505 and A11).

Chances are they will have something to size that matches.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In Cambridge! Difficult, try reclamation but have a fat wallet, can't you re-shuffle the flags so that the broken ones are less obvious, or re-level so that the cracks don't matter?

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built