WTB: "Intelligent" battery charger

I use a lot of NiMH batteries in various devices (AA/AAA)

I'm told it is possible to purchase "intelligent" battery chargers....ie a charger that allows you to leave the batteries in the charger, and they will be "topped up" from time to time, WITHOUT overcharging.

Does anyone have experience of such devices? I've checked out Comet, Currys and Maplin and have not been able to find any charger claiming any degree of "intelligence".

Do these things really exist?

David.

ps apologies for the overuse of *charg* in the above post

Reply to
vortex2

OK, I just answered my own question. [Should have Googled for longer]:

need a charger with Delta V or Delta T control.

David

Reply to
vortex2

I've just purchased such a device from 7dayshop.com which claims as such. It's called a 'Speedy Box' and made by a company called vanson but branded as 7dayshop. Currently about £15 inc delivery. Early days as yet, but seems quite well built - I'm using it to charge VapexTech

4000mAH C cells for a radio rig that uses 8 of them so I might well be buying another one, hence don't all rush in your orders now... ;-)

Copes with 4 of AAA,AA,C,D or 2 of 9V and will charge Ni-MH/Nicad cells upto 9000mAH. 'Constant pulse current' is 700mA for AA cells and larger, then when detected as charged (delta V method) the trickle charge is a tenth of that (70mA).

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

This one I assume:

like the "danglies" to me. If noone suggests anything better in the mean time I will order this time tomorrow.

David.

Reply to
vortex2

I've had one for years from Innovations. Charges everything, including non-rechargeables, though sometimes fails to cope with the weakest of a set of 4 batteries: a brief shot in a conventional charger soon sorts that out. If the 7dayshop one is as good it's a snip at £15. Douglas de Lacey.

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

| > I'm told it is possible to purchase "intelligent" battery = chargers....ie a=20 | > charger that allows you to leave the batteries in the charger, and = they=20 | > will be "topped up" from time to time, WITHOUT overcharging. | >

| > Does anyone have experience of such devices? I've checked out Comet,= =20 | > Currys and Maplin and have not been able to find any charger claiming= any=20 | > degree of "intelligence". | >

| > Do these things really exist? | >

| > David. | >

| > ps apologies for the overuse of *charg* in the above post | >

|=20 | OK, I just answered my own question. [Should have Googled for longer]: |=20 |

|=20| I need a charger with Delta V or Delta T control.

Maha IME works fine, charges each of 4 AA or AAA individually and stops charging each when full

Fawthrop Sick of Premium SMS scams, SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?=20 Register with
they work :-)

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop