Intelligent lead acid battery charger needed - 6v, 12v (?2v)

I'm looking for an intelligent battery charger that can charge 6v batteries. I don't know if the Optimate 111 can charge two 6v batteries in series with its 12v setting - is this possible? Otherwise I need to recharge a pair (or quad) of 6v 12AH SLA batteries with ability to leave them connected on float with no overcharging possibility. A bonus would be the ability to charge 2v and 4v batteries. Ideally I'd like to use 2v lead acids - where can I get these in the UK? thanks, Andy

Reply to
Eusebius

I'm looking for an intelligent battery charger that can charge 6v batteries. I don't know if the Optimate 111 can charge two 6v batteries in series with its 12v setting - is this possible? Otherwise I need to recharge a pair (or quad) of 6v 12AH SLA batteries with ability to leave them connected on float with no overcharging possibility. A bonus would be the ability to charge 2v and 4v batteries. Ideally I'd like to use 2v lead acids - where can I get these in the UK? thanks, Andy

Reply to
Eusebius

Gunsons supply 'intelligent' lead acid chargers but I'm not sure if any of them do 6 volts.

now takes you to a different site which sells Gunsons chargers but doesn't give much information. When I bought mine the instruction manuals were available on line.

I can check mine when I get home if you like.

Reply to
usenet

Hi,

RS do them, brand name is 'Mascot', get the model number then shop around if need be.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Whyever not? A 12V battery is only 6 cells in series, the same as two 6V batteries in series is.

If you can connect them in series, again, there's your answer.

Dunno. Can you still get car batteries with external connections between the cells?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Argos do 12V chargers which claim to throttle back to a lower voltage after the battery is fully charged, which woulkd seem to be A Good Thing. Quite cheap IIRC

Reply to
John Stumbles