Worktop jigs

Due to over confidence and not a little stupidity I have made a maess of cutting the joint in my worktop. If that were not enough I lifted the router before it stopped and made a right mess of the jig. My question is this are all jigs standard? ref, the curve radius? I have ordered a new top but cannot remember where I bought the jig so can't order the exact same model. Tried to repair the jig with filler but it's not really been sucessful.

Thanks

Brew

Reply to
Jb

Buy a quality jig (e.g. Trend) and flog it on Ebay afterwards. Cheaper than hiring.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Buy a quality jig (e.g. Trend) and flog it on Ebay afterwards. Cheaper than hiring.

MBQ

Good advice but too late I'm afaraid. I have one joint completed and the female half cut for the second. If the jigs are not standard I'm in trouble -£450 worth of trouble.

Brew

Reply to
Jb

I doubt it. However there is unlikely to be that much difference, so you could always make an additional pass with the new jig on your already cut section to adjust to the new profile.

A nice top bearing cutter is good for making copies of jigs... (not much help now I know!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. By judicious use of maths, geometry and some ingenuity could you not make something to finish the job? HTH Nick.

Reply to
Nick