Workmans braces - DIY and builders

Just to update this. I have received the braces and OH is wearing them They have hoisted his trousers quite nicely. So well done all.

The high waisted trousers I am still working on but have a couple of possible ones under consideration.

Thank you.

Reply to
sweetheart

Won't that chafe his nipples?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Won't that chafe his nipples?

Do I care if they hoist his trouses from round his nether regions to his waist ( or somewhere near it? ;-) Anyway, he is wearing them over his tee shirt because they look quite cool actually.

Reply to
sweetheart

Hide his builders bum ? Whatever next ? Only 7 sugars in his tea ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

In message , sweetheart writes

I've not bought any lately but *working*Jeans purchased from builders merchants/ agricultural agents have normal waists. Most of mine come from M+S and stay up with a belt.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I don't really know the answer to this.

I do physical manual work from time to time, and my jeans remain correctly positioned.

So I'm now researching the root cause of 'builders bottom'.

Is it due to the style of jeans ( modern ones seem to be 'low-rider' which sit lower than older ones like I wear, below the hip bone )? Mine have a waist band above my hip-bones, and cannot be pulled down over my hips.

Is it due to body shape? I have a waist: I'm slightly wider around the hips than the waist. If you were a 'fatty', then do the jeans 'roller-blind' down the way?

I really don't know the answer. Perhaps a combination of both?

Reply to
Ron Lowe
[much good stuff as always]

Hi Andy thanks for the useful info, eg. the David Page Coffin refernce. I have a hankering to make myself some pants & will check this one out.

Where did you get your set of '30's pattern books BTW? I chatted to a tailor once and something like this was one of his prize possesions. Short of coming across them in carity bookshop I'm not sure where to look...

Cheers Jon N

Reply to
The Night Tripper

I'm having trouble with M&S trousers. It seems also to affect other high street stores, I think Debenhams is the same. The length of the zips has reduced so much almost that the waist has to be opened to drop them to piss.

The two recent pairs I have bought that have had decent length zips have been from Screwfix and Go Outdoors, the latter were Craghoppers.

I guess the high street stores are buying from cut price suppliers with poor quality standards. How much does 1" off a zip reduce the price I wonder.

Reply to
<me9

Charity shop 8-) eBay and Abe have them too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The zips are probably the right length for people who wear their trousers 'low slung.' As someone who doesn't, my experience has been the same as yours.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

FNAAARRR