Worcester combi boiler 30Si vs 30CDi ?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Worcester Bosch 30Si and 30CDi combi boiler, apart from the CDi being slightly more expensive and a little larger.

I don't want to penny pinch at this stage only to wish that I had gone slightly more up spec later, so what extra do I get for my money with the CDi?

Space is not too critical as the boiler will be mounted in a utility room and does not have to fit in with a line of kitchen cupboards.

Is one any more difficult than the other for servicing and repair, or cost of spares etc,?

It will be heating a 2 bed house including a utility room and conservatory. One bathroom in which the over bath shower tends to be used more than filling the tub (although usage may change in future years)

Rockydell

Reply to
Rockydell

I think basically the bigger moree expensive beast uses the old machined lump heat exchanger as used by the 30HE(?) condensing boiler which was part of their range before condensing boilers became the norm. The other model uses the conical-shaped pressed or spun (or however it's made) heat exchanger common to the rest of the new condensing range. The condensate traps are also different but the electronics are common to all the current boilers. You may find one has temperature control of the DHW and the other doesn't.

I wonder if the reason for having two similar-specced models may have to do with internal politics within W-B or hedging over the transistion from an older design to a new one.

Servicing shouldn't be much harder on one or the other, though I haven't done either yet. I'd guess the older design one will be dropped before long and they'll concentrate on the newer one so in the future spares for the older type may run out sooner than for the newer design.

Reply to
John Stumbles

The change to mandatory condensing boilers seems to have made most of the manufacturers have all sorts of pricing and feature anomalies. W-B seems to have been more affected than most of the others.

Reply to
Ed Sirett