Worcester Bosch CH fault after filling

We've got a new 40CDi and this is the first time I've tried to refill it. Not as easy as the filling loop on my old Isar.

Just reconnected a couple of radiators and refilled them. The CH pressure gauge dropped to zero, naturally, so I used the plastic key and plastic screw to refill the bolier to just over 1 bar (where it had been before I started playing around with it).

Now the DHW works fine, but when I try to get the heating going the temperate on the display (DHW temperature, I believe) starts falling. When it gets to ~30 a fault flashes on the display that looks a bit like a rugby goal (i.e. l- -l ). Sod's law I can't find that one in the manual.

Other information from when I was filling: It took a while for the CH pressure gauge to rise from zero, but once it started it got up to 1 bar as quickly as I'd expect. Likely at least partly due to me being cautious about opening the valve. The other unexpected event was the boiler fired up on the hot water side whilst being filled (no taps on). I stopped filling, waited until it had finished then started again.

Reply to
Bromley86

The "rugby goal" signal is normal. It's indicating that the boiler is firing at a low level for about 15 mins to make sure the condensation trap is full. It will do this every time the power has been completely removed from the boiler. Leave it and it will eventually fire at full rate.

This info is definitely in the WB *installation* manual and almost certainly the end user manual too - it is for other WB models.

Reply to
Matt

Thanks and spot on. The engineer couldn't find it in the installation manual either, so I wasn't being a total idiot :) .

Reply to
Bromley86

Installation Manual page 32
User Instructions Page 13