Woodwork paint removal - Metabo LF714s any good - other suggestions

I have justed moved into a 1930's house where the previous owners where big fans of "changing rooms" type programs. There a bright colour everywheres which is not to difficult to deal with except that all the doors and most of the woodwork are quite strong gloss colours.

I am a bit of a traditionalist and would like to return the woodwork back to white.

My first thought are to sand but with the number of doors etc think that will take rather a long time plus and would be a very tedious. I could burn the paint off but everything would need a good sanding and treating again.

I did see the Metabo LF714S in a tool catalog and thought this might save a lot of time. Anyone used one of these and got any thoughts? I know it sounds expensive at nearly £200 but if it saves me hours of work it could be worth the expense.

My last option is to replace all the woodwork but that seems like overkill and would involve knotting, priming ....etc.

Eric.

Reply to
Eric the Red